Banks Dragster - Not going to make TS this year

Big Thumper

N2O Pusher
Talked to Dennis about it yesterday - doesn't look like we're going to be out there with the car this year, guys.

Mostly due to us being too busy with new work that's paying the bills, the car's not ready for top-level competition yet. I haven't been too active on here because we really haven't had anything new to update - we just haven't had time to work with the car.

Among other little things, I haven't gotten around our 6000 RPM shutoff issue that surfaced in Arizona early this year yet - we'll keep working at that and other issues as time allows.

The current plan is to run a couple local brackets for testing time and the closer west coast diesel races over the next few months - I'm hoping to have it running right and sorted out in time for the NHRDA Indy race.

Sorry again guys - we were looking forward to a good fast shootout race, and a good time in Kentucky again. Best of luck to everyone that's going!

Matt,
How about bringing it up for the Portland race July 24? That's a much shorter tow than TS! There will be an announcement in the next few days for the new title sponsor of the event (hint: it is a gauge company). If we can talk the track operator into using a bit of his precious VHT, the track is capable of hooking quite well. I know one guy who runs 6.30's in Top Dragster that was hooking up great at the 1/8-mile National Open held at PIR last year.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Matt,
How about bringing it up for the Portland race July 24? That's a much shorter tow than TS! There will be an announcement in the next few days for the new title sponsor of the event (hint: it is a gauge company). If we can talk the track operator into using a bit of his precious VHT, the track is capable of hooking quite well. I know one guy who runs 6.30's in Top Dragster that was hooking up great at the 1/8-mile National Open held at PIR last year.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Great idea Michael

Matt,

Regards,
Michael Pliska

excellent idea!!!!!:Cheer:

It is really easy to get good track prep...... It is just expensive.

Easy? Tell that to the guys out there scraping the starting line in the July heat ;)

I know, it's a known "formula", so easy a caveman could do it, but it does cost time, money and effort. At the weekly bracket races the track is pretty mediocre, but at big events it will tear your shoes off and shear wheel studs. I'm not sure if I should be glad (that it can hook so well when prepped) or annoyed (that they don't do that kind of prep for local races). If nothing else, it has forced me to make sure my car can hook in the proverbial car wash.

Back