Banks iQ

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
Does anyone know if they have released the iQ to use for the 12 valve yet? I was messaging one of the Banks guys a while back and he said one was in the works, and he'd let me know when it was available. But I must have deleted the conversation during one of the regular cleanings on my PM box and I can't even remember who I was talking to.

Of course I'm serious... For the price I was told, it'd be a cheap way to clean up the interior of my truck. And add a bunch more features to screw around with.

Ok, that part makes sense but doesn't the iq take most of it's readings from the obd2 port?, I don't think there would be many features left without the communication between the iq and truck. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No clue what would be left, or how it would hook up. My truck is OBDII though. And the main thing is to get rid of my gauges on the pillar. Everything else would just be a bonus.

I think it would be difficult to get the iq to work on your truck, being as it relies so much on the info that is reads off the ECM that just would not be there with a 12v. It would need to function solely as a standalone gauge display with it's own sensors and inputs, which I don't think it was designed to do.

If they were really working on one for the 12v, they would take that into consideration you'd think. If they don't then it'll be about useless lol

Must be released as I seen a localish 12V with HUGE Banks decals on both his doors.

lmgdao!!!!

Hey, if you can come up with an idea that is cleaner, throw it out there. All of the other setups anything like the iQ are ugly. I know looks and clean lines aren't your strong point though... Maybe if I put some black diamond plate around the outside of it then you'd like it more? My truck is back to pretty much stock looking. I don't want gauges lining everything, and the iQ would fit where the radio is.

I think it would be difficult to get the iq to work on your truck, being as it relies so much on the info that is reads off the ECM that just would not be there with a 12v. It would need to function solely as a standalone gauge display with it's own sensors and inputs, which I don't think it was designed to do.

That's why they were working on it. It's setup up differently for the 12 valve then any of the others that just get all the info from the ECM.

Last edited:
how many gauges do you need? I guess if you want the NAV and all that, it's a good way to tie everything together

PS, you've got me confused with someone else... I don't get off on diamond plate. I like stuff to look factory

Last edited:
how many gauges do you need? I guess if you want the NAV and all that, it's a good way to tie everything together

PS, you've got me confused with someone else... I don't get off on diamond plate. I like stuff to look factory

Don't need many gauges, and it'd be nice to have the nav, and maybe have my stereo hooked into it somehow. Plus control a few other things on the truck. Just all depends on how I can wire everything into it. That's pretty much the reason I'm asking, trying to figure out what exactly I can do with the thing.

Didn't you have those ranch hand bumpers on one of your trucks?

Don't need many gauges, and it'd be nice to have the nav, and maybe have my stereo hooked into it somehow. Plus control a few other things on the truck. Just all depends on how I can wire everything into it. That's pretty much the reason I'm asking, trying to figure out what exactly I can do with the thing.

Didn't you have those ranch hand bumpers on one of your trucks?

yes, I did... I wanted the protection and the black color, but if they were available without diamond plate, I would have gotten them without

This is competition diesel, what do you need gauges for? The cleanest look is to remove them, just look how clean the interior of my Junker Drag Truck is, nothing on the pillar, no stereo, no ashtray, no dash bezel....

Just clean and simple, heck, it only has half of the head liner!

This is competition diesel, what do you need gauges for? The cleanest look is to remove them, just look how clean the interior of my Junker Drag Truck is, nothing on the pillar, no stereo, no ashtray, no dash bezel....

Just clean and simple, heck, it only has half of the head liner!

I'm still planning a build like yours, I just don't trust myself with the trans like you did.

Edge is working on a stand alone gauge set up based on there CTS and CS that will work for non computer controlled trucks.

Edge is working on a stand alone gauge set up based on there CTS and CS that will work for non computer controlled trucks.

Don't trust anything edge to stay working, and the packaging isn't as simple, so it won't fit in the stereo hole.

lol idk we sell a ton of edge units and have less failures with them then most of the other units we sell.

Are you talking about a pillar mount?

Not the small setup no. The larger touch screen is what I'm referring too. I have seen way too many failures of Edge stuff on friends trucks, and another friend who works at the local diesel shop has more failures on Edge then anything else offered. And they definitely go through plenty of product to get a decent percentage number..

Back