Banks is calling out Everyone!!!!

Good/Bad/Horrid, it doesn't really make a difference. Tip of the hat to Banks for going out of the conventional idea's to make power and keep it clean. Love or hate the guy, he is doing what was brought up at the "what's wrong with diesel racing thread". Shooting for consistent, clean burning power. People were drinking the haterade by the gallon when he was in the 70's building big power with turbo's when everyone was spinning super chargers.

He may be a douche in how he does his runs and promotes his company by throwing tons of money at something, laying down a number then retiring. But he is still pushing the sport forward.

three interesting things i seen thought watching the video again.

That seems like Fuel, Meth, and water?
ScreenShot2014-03-08at105440AM_zpsf6472d15.png

Don't know if they were hooked to the engine, couldn't see from the angles, but that looks like a lot of :nos:

ScreenShot2014-03-08at105541AM_zps2b6d1e1e.png

And i can see having EGT probe per pipe, but what is that second line doing there? After combustion injectables to reduce visible smoke?

ScreenShot2014-03-08at105518AM_zps17c6d6d9.png

Good/Bad/Horrid, it doesn't really make a difference. Tip of the hat to Banks for going out of the conventional idea's to make power and keep it clean. Love or hate the guy, he is doing what was brought up at the "what's wrong with diesel racing thread". Shooting for consistent, clean burning power. People were drinking the haterade by the gallon when he was in the 70's building big power with turbo's when everyone was spinning super chargers.

He may be a douche in how he does his runs and promotes his company by throwing tons of money at something, laying down a number then retiring. But he is still pushing the sport forward.

three interesting things i seen thought watching the video again.

That seems like Fuel, Meth, and water?
ScreenShot2014-03-08at105440AM_zpsf6472d15.png

Don't know if they were hooked to the engine, couldn't see from the angles, but that looks like a lot of :nos:

ScreenShot2014-03-08at105541AM_zps2b6d1e1e.png

And i can see having EGT probe per pipe, but what is that second line doing there? After combustion injectables to reduce visible smoke?

Look at the dials on the gauges. They are on and flowing.

ahh, good eye. Although that was a "first fire" They might be in there for a different engine that gets tested, or going on that engine once they start playing with power

Last edited:

Those are lambda sensors/O2 sensors for each cylinder. Very common in racing gas engine dyno testing

Last edited:
So, he might not be running full fuel? if that is the case, what is the percentage of diesel fuel being used?

Last edited:
Both vehicles?

Unless it was last night I figured a place like banks would have it back up and running in no time.

I'd guess they blew it on the dyno. That's usually how it goes when someone starts posting dyno vids then it goes real quiet like.

Both vehicles?

Unless it was last night I figured a place like banks would have it back up and running in no time.

But then they would actually have to back up their call out. To me it seems like a bunch of chit that someone (a company) would call out the world, then decide to dyno the week of the event you were supposed to make good on your word..... :badidea:

Oh man that's great!! My buddy with the banks six gun on his lly is always talking trash about my 12 valve but wont race me.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of these big dmax programs aren't holding together just testing, just so they can try to catch the old dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Back