Banks Sidewinder NHRDA Diesel Drags Update!

who is wanting to bet that somebody else adds the the typo correction club?
4 on the first page after somebody caught it.. do people even read anymore?

by the way
Good Job Banks!!!!
sounds like you got yourselves a machine this year!

Good Job ,
can't waite to see you at TS, we are working a lot of long hours to get it done. Would be great to see 3 6 second dragster at TS .

*nx*

Good Job ,
can't waite to see you at TS, we are working a lot of long hours to get it done. Would be great to see 3 6 second dragster at TS .

*nx*

Just 3? Well, if we are wishing upon a star, about 50? 100?:hehe:

Nice runs, Banks, keep it up!:clap:

Well I had to leave the event a little early to catch a flight. Hopefully I'll get some more update info when I get back to the office tomorrow. The following is from another forum posted by the NHRDA:

The 2010 MBRP Diesel Drag Race Series got kicked off at Speedworld Dragstrip on March 6th 2010 with the 3rd Annual Desert Diesel Nationals , Sponsord by ITP and Strictly Diesel.

This event produced several records including

Spectator Attendance - Over 8,000
Diesel Alley - 23 vendors
Top Diesel National Record - Banks Power
Super Street National Record - Shawn Ellerton

The NHRDA wants to thank all the competitors and spectators and Sponsors that made this event such a huge success.

We also want to thank everyone at Speedworld Dragstrip for all the hard work and preperation they did to make the Desert Diesel Nationals the biggest event they have had in quite a while.

The NHRDA road show is heading for Texas to start promoting the 2nd Annual Texas Diesel Nationals at the Motor Plex on April 10th 2010 , and with over 35,000 free tickets being handed out this should be another record setting event and yet another step towards the 2010 NHRDA World Championship in Topeka Kansas on September 25th

Congrats Guys, hope to see it out at TS this year!!

Keep up the good work,
Caleb

Is the strocker kit built by Banks? Is it a one off or going to be for sale to the public, like the socal kit?

My understanding is yes you can buy the stocker kit just as it sits in the rail, or at least that's what I was told as I was standing there. I didn't even bother to ask the price.:badidea::eek:

Wes was doing some serious driving keeping that thing headed in the right direction. Sounds like a big block, and I'll be those turbos on that think are really the high price spread.:D

What's the popping right before the launch? I thought rev-limiter at first but I don't think thats right.

What's the popping right before the launch? I thought rev-limiter at first but I don't think thats right.

From what I understand, perhaps Bigthumper will chime in with more info, that is the rev limiter. The new cams and displacment are causing the engine to rev much faster (and higher) then the last engine setup and it's hitting the limiter.

Back