Barn find

P pumped24v

This is my 93 d 350 12v with 5 speed , fully loaded odometer reads 192k and still Rollin everything works. A/c, heat, cruise. Motor is all original never been touched. Only thing it needs is valve cover seals (typical) and it needs a new 3/4 gear shift fork. Picked it up for $2000:snoop:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Not to be an ass, but check that Getrag over before you install it.
For as cheap as it is to rebuild it, I'm seriously recommending that you go through it.

In my considerable experience with the Getrag, if the input deflects noticeably, it needs taken down, input replaced and new bearings.
It's just the way they are.

Mark.

Excellent find and stolen at that price! Looks very clean, too! How does the interior look?

If you'd rather replace the trans at some point in the future rather than open it up or rebuild it, I've got a Getrag in my '91.5 parts truck that has at most, 12 months of use on it. This is as of about 7 years ago before it was parked and sat for 4-5 years. Mileage is unknown as the previous owner didn't have any receipts or records when the transmission was replaced. I was told it got a new flywheel and clutch to go with it. I acquired the truck 2 years ago and drove it to and from the scrap yard to have the utility body removed from it. The trans. shifted very smooth and drove nicely!

Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Excellent find and stolen at that price! Looks very clean, too! How does the interior look?

If you'd rather replace the trans at some point in the future rather than open it up or rebuild it, I've got a Getrag in my '91.5 parts truck that has at most, 12 months of use on it. This is as of about 7 years ago before it was parked and sat for 4-5 years. Mileage is unknown as the previous owner didn't have any receipts or records when the transmission was replaced. I was told it got a new flywheel and clutch to go with it. I acquired the truck 2 years ago and drove it to and from the scrap yard to have the utility body removed from it. The trans. shifted very smooth and drove nicely!

Just something to think about.
Interior is just as clean as the outside this is my 5 th first gen. I always think about gettin a newer truck like 07 08 but I just can't get away. There is just no beating a first gen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
Man, you got a good deal. For your troubles of finding my wife's new truck I'll send you 2,500$ now and you won't need to get dirty pulling the transmission.

Man, you got a good deal. For your troubles of finding my wife's new truck I'll send you 2,500$ now and you won't need to get dirty pulling the transmission.

Lmao sorry man think I gotta hang on to this one. Gonna us it to haul my other truck to the pulls:rockwoot:

So we pulled the tranny and just as I thought the 3 & 4 shift fork was warn on the fourth gear side. (Bottom) on then left (top) on the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
Back