BBS cured!

Ph4tty

I'm nobody
400 hp from 2400-3600
500 hp from 2550-3400

My dumb @ss left my smarty at home so I did one pull with smarty on sw8 and the tst comp on 4. 542.78 hp and 1039.96 ft/lbs. Thats just one bump on the tst from my daily driving combo.

Since my 498 run I've added studs, gotten my sensors cleaned (thanks Tim), and swapped my "precious" 64/65 for a 62/71. Egts are hotter at cruise, I see more smoke, and more lag, but it sure dyno'd a whole lot better

Went searching your profile for this post/info! LOL
Assuming both last runs were on same dyno great info, amazing difference in power not knowing 24V's could a sensor make that big of a difference? How are your max egt's in comparison? Any chance we could see the dyno sheets? TIA

Map and iats. I went ahead and ordered replacements, but they didn't come in in time. EGTs are still a non issue for me. They are higher when cruising, but 50 degrees lower on small hills.

I'm going to attatch the sheet

Attachments

• new_dyno.jpg
    new_dyno.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 47
Could you post one of the 498 run as well? Looks as though that cam and valvetrain mods sure work for ya thats great peak almost flatlines for 1000rpm :rockwoot:

Ph4tty said:
Map and iats. I went ahead and ordered replacements, but they didn't come in in time. EGTs are still a non issue for me. They are higher when cruising, but 50 degrees lower on small hills.

I'm going to attatch the sheet
I did not know they need cleaning?Boogers?:hehe:

See the power drop at 3400 rpms? That is the tst comp defueling :doh:

I've been told new sensors dyno best.

Here's the last run:
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showphoto.php?photo=31420
dyno.jpg

Wow, wouldn't have thought they'd look so much alike (they almost mirror each other) Any ideas on why the big increase in power with only minimal increase in tq.?

Good numbers!! I need to dyno my truck again to see what this Super B Special is all about. :D

THEKIDFAN said:
Wow, wouldn't have thought they'd look so much alike (they almost mirror each other) Any ideas on why the big increase in power with only minimal increase in tq.?

Easy- the tst was only on 4 this time and I ran it up to 9 last time. Makes a big difference in the torque. Smarty was on sw8 this time so I didn't get the timing bump.

The runs were
smarty 9 tst 2
smarty 9 tst 0
smarty 9 tst 5
smarty 9 tst 9

That and the low pressure turbine on the super 62 released some power.

I know the best power I've made has been with the TST COMP on 7. A few other trucks I know of have dynoed best on 7 on their TST's as well. I'm gonna order a MAP sensor tomorrow and see what it does on mine. I doubt anything with my luck but you've given me new hope.

BgBlDodge said:
I know the best power I've made has been with the TST COMP on 7. A few other trucks I know of have dynoed best on 7 on their TST's as well. I'm gonna order a MAP sensor tomorrow and see what it does on mine. I doubt anything with my luck but you've given me new hope.
I'm telling you that map is bad.

Ph4tty said:
400 hp from 2400-3600
500 hp from 2550-3400

My dumb @ss left my smarty at home so I did one pull with smarty on sw8 and the tst comp on 4. 542.78 hp and 1039.96 ft/lbs. Thats just one bump on the tst from my daily driving combo.

Since my 498 run I've added studs, gotten my sensors cleaned (thanks Tim), and swapped my "precious" 64/65 for a 62/71. Egts are hotter at cruise, I see more smoke, and more lag, but it sure dyno'd a whole lot better
What boost numbers are you seeing with the 62 compared to the 64? I switched from the 64/65/14 to the 62/71/14 & told guys the truck felt stronger, but got laughed at. I adjusted my wastegate down to 45psi & egts don't go over 1300*. I am gonna adjust it back up to 50psi now that I have the Adrenaline to defuel. I can't wait to dyno again, I made 476hp/936lbft. with a 62/65/12, edge comp. I had boost set at 40 because I didn't have orings or studs at that time. I now have the 62/71/14, Adrenaline, studs, rings & a clutch that doesn't slip. The 62/71/14 has hit 55+psi with my Drag comp before adjusting the gate, Adrenaline fuels harder yet. I say this because my boost never went over 45psi after the wastegate adjustment, yesterday I saw 48psi with the Adrenaline.

I still can't make 40 lbs of boost. Pressure tested it again too. I can spike the boost maybe five lbs higher in the lower gears, but 35-37 is still my max.

I hit 35-37 with just smarty and injectors and 40 with the tst on. I've hit 50 before but that's just a little to high for my turbo. I'm still curious as to why you can't go higher than 35-37psi. I guess it doesn't really matter if it's clearing the smoke and making good power but still.

Ph4tty said:
I still can't make 40 lbs of boost. Pressure tested it again too. I can spike the boost maybe five lbs higher in the lower gears, but 35-37 is still my max.
What sticks are you running M4's? You should see much higher boost unless your wastegate is out of adjustment.

I know he's been hitting those kinda low boost numbers for a couple of years now. He was hitting the same numbers with the 64/65/14.

BgBlDodge said:
I know he's been hitting those kinda low boost numbers for a couple of years now. He was hitting the same numbers with the 64/65/14.
That has to be a bad gauge, unless he is running some small injectors.

I actually thought of that after you posted. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Ph4tty says when he posts again.

Back