BD Power Staging Limiter, Anyone have one or tried one???

I tried one on my race truck and it didn't work right for my set-up (not sure if I have a bad box or my boost/fueling is way to aggressive). I do have a friend that has a mid 11 second dodge and his worked great for drag racing.

This is what I found with my setup also. I had the box set for boost and when it hit the boost I wanted it would cut way too much fuel and the engine would sound like it was banging off the rev limiter and boost would drop 10psi.

I been running one for awhile. Works great. I base it off rpm limit which i reference to boost. Seams to work good.

If you use a switch that you release when you launch than there is no delay if you go thru the brake pedal switch than yes there is a delay.

Your welcome! Glad I could help spend your money lol!

I'm just helping people with questions, I gf Ave been drag racing for 10+ years not all in a diesel.

Your welcome! Glad I could help spend your money lol!

I'm just helping people with questions, I gf Ave been drag racing for 10+ years not all in a diesel.

I already have the BD high Idle kit. I wonder if installing a switch like you did on the brake pedal would basically do the same thing the staging limiter does. My idea is to turn the knob to desired RPM setting at the line all while holding down the brake. Right before the tree turns green press the switch on brake pedal and give it full throttle.

If I can make it work I just saved myself a bit of coin since the staging limiter is about $200 more than the high idle kit.

Where did you source your switch?

It might work maybe but the programming could be different, yoh will have to experiment with it in that setup.

Honestly I don't remember exactly but it was a switch I used for a trans brake button in my old drag car when i ran a delay box. So look on summit and jegs see what they offer.

From what I understand, You can set it up to run off of RPMS or Boost! And superdutyfarmer I see you're from PA! Have you heard of Beaver Springs Dragway? Thats where I run every Friday evening! I just started racing last year with the truck bone stock! went from almost 16 seconds last year down to 12.78 this year! I cant wait to get the thing really dialed in and be winning against the 160MPH cars haha I ended up with a 2nd place once but im shooting for 1st!:tree:

I work with a guy name jeff has the tan Oldsmobile runs like 19.2s lol i think he runs in the street class.

I have mine on a button on my steering wheel. I keep it depressed to engage the limiter when I start to stage. Release on go time!!
Working it off the brake switch does not work.

I have mine on a button on my steering wheel. I keep it depressed to engage the limiter when I start to stage. Release on go time!!
Working it off the brake switch does not work.
That's why I did another switch right above my brake pedal.

Back