Beans Diesel Winter Dyno Day Dec 12th

Interesting that you did that much less then on a DJ. I am kind of wandering if maby we didnt have some tire spin on yours or something.

lol.. i doubt that, its not that radical. I had a good time none the less. I really liked how it loaded it down and held 75psi for what seemed like 5min. I was bracing for one of the stock boots to explode...:hehe:

Well sometimes it doesnt take a big huge # to get some tire spin but if your chargers come on real fast and make a bunch of tqu it could knockum loose.

Hate I missed it. I was really looking forward to seeing what my old girl has in her. I got hit by the Bubonic Plague or something Thursday night and was in the bed till Sunday. Maybe next time......

Scott

Had a blast down there hanging out with everyone. Billy it was good to meet & BS with you on sat. We deff have to meet up again next year at an event & raid another hooters with Jason & the gang.

Well sometimes it doesnt take a big huge # to get some tire spin but if your chargers come on real fast and make a bunch of tqu it could knockum loose.

Maybe all the vehicles should be run in atleast one gear up from what you guys normally run in to help prevent the possibility of wheel spin? Just an idea. Not to mention it helps in loading them better. Well, it did on my truck anyways. Made almost 100hp difference.

That's what I have to figure out. Tim was 1hp less and was at 960tq ?? I should have been around there. We'll see when I get some more dyno time in the coming weeks.

Yeah, that is a bit strange. I guess it's all in the tuning. I'd like to get back on the dyno again pretty soon myself. You ever heard of Carma Performance?

Maybe all the vehicles should be run in atleast one gear up from what you guys normally run in to help prevent the possibility of wheel spin? Just an idea. Not to mention it helps in loading them better. Well, it did on my truck anyways. Made almost 100hp difference.

Thats why I asked if it was a straight shift, some of the straight shifts with bigger chargers and stuff like overdrive gear better but not all of them do. Trouble with running overdrive is some tires do not like running on those rollers at 120+mph. We have had 3 failures of tires and every time it completly destroys the bedside and its always been in overdrive that they come apart.

I was wondering about 5th gear, but it wasnt my place to say anything. My runs end around 120-123mph in 5th. So far in 30 or so runs the tires are still in one piece.... knock on wood they stay that way

Sorry for the assault with the tape gun, LMAO.

Uh huh, bet you say that to all the boys :poke: LOL

Had a blast down there hanging out with everyone. Billy it was good to meet & BS with you on sat. We deff have to meet up again next year at an event & raid another hooters with Jason & the gang.

Good to meet you as well, and I have to agree a Hooters raid would be in order again :rockwoot:

I was wondering about 5th gear, but it wasnt my place to say anything. My runs end around 120-123mph in 5th. So far in 30 or so runs the tires are still in one piece.... knock on wood they stay that way

The single DJ roller are not as hard on them as the two small rollers. The little rollers heat them up alot quicker then they de-tread themselves. Thats why I went and bought those puny little z-rated tires for mine, less sidewall to heat up and z-rated for the high speed. The ones that come apart are mud terrain and all terains in the 33-35" range at around 120mph.

Thing is most mud and all terrain tires just simply aren't rated for that high of a speed. 5th gear would be okay for my truck since it is a 6-speed. It tops out around 75-80. Plus, it's 1:1 for me. I definitely vote for the side of safety though. I would've hated to have been near any of those tires when they came apart.

Back