**** Bear Hunter's Truck - STOLEN! **** HOUSTON

Yeah.. I turned down the second offer. The mgr who has my case is taking it to the next level. He agreed with me that I do have a case since they do have a record of me asking about additional coverage and was told that my Mods would be covered...and to just provide receipts and pics. He seems like a really stand up guy who is willing to go to bat for me.

I told him what my bottom line was and made it perfectly clear that it was not a point to negotiate from.

He promised to call me Monday afternoon.

Keep your head up man. It sounds like this guy really understands your situation. Good luck!!!

Ben

Just got a call from the mgr. He told me that he needs one more day. I asked how everything was looking and he told me that he didn't want to give me "false hope" but he was still trying to do the right thing. He mentioned that there is one guy that he is working with that is looking up my items on the internet and he is waiting to hear back from one more "place". He understands the issue now is what I was told on more than one occasion "modifications would be covered" at cash value as long as I was able to produce receipts and pictures. We had another discussion about what I considered my bottom line. My bottom line is way below what my receipts total out to and I told him that it is more than fair considering I could have sold my truck for much more than that amount... and the fact that they told me everything would be covered. He assured me that his concern was to make sure the customer (me) was taken care of and to let me know that I was a valued customer.

....looks like tomorrow might be the day. I am so ready for this to be over....but only if it is fair.

I hope it ends soon, and I hope they give you what you think is fair.Goodluck!

Any thoughts on your next truck?

nummit said:
An exact replica of your truck?? LOL
That would be so awesome for you Dan

I offered to sell him my truck......he declined.
Not sure why......every mod he was doing lately was making it look more and more like mine. Hell, I made his bumper and shock clamps.
I would sell it to him if he wanted it though....but he mentioned something about spending a few weeks cleaning it to get it as clean as his 04 was?? :confused:

I know he mentioned to me that he sent of list of stuff to Marty to get pricing on....my response was something along the lines of: "Did you tell him you want it to be as badass as DC's truck????"

LOL It's all in good fun.....try and keep his spirits up when I talk to him....although he often gets mad at me LOL

Don't worry....he'll have some *DC Customs* stuff on there somewhere....not sure what though:rockwoot:

Wow, what a saga. :( Sorry I haven't chimed in earlier, I have been away. I feel for you, Bear. Like others, I thought your truck was the best looking one out there. ...... Too bad. Damn low-life bastards! :mad: But, like you said, you wouldn't want it back now. I searched and eventually recovered my Honda 4 wheeler when it was stolen (long story). I was looking in the local Auto-Trader and BOOM, there it was! I wish I would have just let it go. Made me sick everytime I looked at it, when I got it back. :( It was never the same.

Any updates on the Insurance?

Dan,

Did you send that custom stuff your doing for me out yet? :blahblah1: :thankyou2:

4S FED,

Thanks man... I settled with my insurance and have a new truck now. I'm just waiting for Marty to get the stuff in and I'll be headed down to Truck Toyz for a full up overhaul. It is going to be bad azz... I suspect everything will be ready next week sometime. We are waiting for one company to finish up on some custom stuff :rockwoot: :woohoo: :ylsuper:

Bear Hunter said:
Dan,

Did you send that custom stuff your doing for me out yet? :blahblah1: :thankyou2:

4S FED,

Thanks man... I settled with my insurance and have a new truck now. I'm just waiting for Marty to get the stuff in and I'll be headed down to Truck Toyz for a full up overhaul. It is going to be bad azz... I suspect everything will be ready next week sometime. We are waiting for one company to finish up on some custom stuff :rockwoot: :woohoo: :ylsuper:

That's great, Bud! :woohoo: :rockwoot: What did you get? (If I am missing "the rest of the story" on another thread, shoot me the link PLEASE! :thankyou2: ) I can't wait to see what you come up with! :Cheer: :ylsuper:

Bear Hunter said:
Dan,

4S FED,

Dude, you cant leave us hanging like that!!
Details....
What is the truck and what are your plans?
Will your new truck be better than Dan's truck? LOL

nummit said:
Dude, you cant leave us hanging like that!!
Details....
What is the truck and what are your plans?
Will your new truck be better than Dan's truck? LOL

the plans for the new truck & even what it is are Top Secret till its done.
BUT it will be baaaaaaaaaaaad :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

bear - im going to TRY to get down there this weekend to do a few things (tried and failed last weekend lol). you going to be in town or heading down to see marty already?

Back