Because I make terrible decisions...

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
My old Dodge has been sitting a lot lately and I had began to convince myself I would part it out and buy myself a stock truck. Me being me however, none of this went to plan. I watched my buddies truck make 1202hp. In a Ford... My buddies Audi's are in that 600+hp awd range now as well. I'm not one to let my friends out run me, so I started buying parts.

Currently the truck is set up for mild street use
S330 Industrial 66
Industrial mild CP3
II "mystery" injectors(long story, but I don't know what size they are after a mix up)
NV5600/DD South Bend
Airdog
Balanced rotating assembly
12v polished England rods
ARP studs
Maxspool 2.5 cam
Maxspool dual springs
Tapped/plugged freeze plugs
Blah blah blah

Clearly, that's just not going to work. So I made a spur of the moment decision to return this truck to it's former glory.

First off, my transmission situation. Tony Rizzi sold me a Firepunk Comp2 48re he had sitting around which is currently being shipped back to Lavon and my converter was sent directly to Phil Taylor. I was going to toss in a ratchet shifter for ease of the conversion but Lavon informed me tap shift is possible with an electronic controller. So that sonofa***** cost me a few extra bucks for a PCS controller and valvebody.

Fuel- 250 Fass and ATS twin pump kit with modded duramax pump.

Tuning- Seeing as how I still have Vin locked TNT/R software it needed to change. So Lavon is now UDC tuning the truck as well.

This will be great for a week or two, but I will need to address my injectors and turbos as well. Twins(66/84) will be coming once the transmission is in and functioning well. The real question is how long will 12v rods last LOL

I'm going to start looking at a 6.7 block with my crank and billet rods soon, I don't see my engine liking 1200+hp very long. LOL

With this said... Does anybody have a cross-member, engine plate, or column shifter assembly I could buy? Damn conversion requires a few more parts than I have.

So much for parting it out!

Things just fell into place too easy. I made mention of needing another CP3 and Acker informed me he had one. So I got a hold of Gelinas and he set me up with an ATS twin pump kit. As soon as I ordered those parts Rizzi tells me he had that spare trans he needed out of his way, so I bought it too. My credit card company had a heart attack seeing those charges from all over the country in a few hour span of time. LOL

Now I just need a big set of 03-04 nozzles and some turbos from Glenn.

Makes the 4th gen idea go out the window.

I went to the dealership actually, but the sales guy pissed me off. Besides, I hate debt and a 1200hp daily doesn't sound too bad. This community is like a second family to me, and seeing all the guys at DPC reminded me to I love it too much to quit.

X2 on the family. Part of the reason I got fired back up too.

You can use the same cross member, just have to get the right rubber isolater and mount for the 48. There's a 2 and a 3 bolt isolater, just pick the on that matches the cross member.

Last edited:
Well a buddy of mine who does bodywork and paint happens to need an NV5600 to put in place of the auto he hates. So by the looks of it I'll have all the conversion parts needed and will also be getting my rock chips, one dent, and mark where the bed cover rubbed on the tailgate fixed. I actually think we're going to respray the entire truck while I'm at it.

I'm starting to think I got in way too deep, I already know with these new turbos and injectors I will be past the capacity of my engine. Now I'll need to build a 6.4 or something similar with better rods for my hp goals. Its only money right?

Good to see you back in it.

I've been dumbfounded with the support from the community now that I've decided to play with my truck again. I kept thinking I wanted to get out because I can't stand most of the diesel crowd anymore, but those guys that I do get along with are like a second family to me. Seeing everyone at DPC really reminded me just how great of a group I am surrounded by. I needed a break, I needed to avoid it all for a little while. And now, time to play again :D.

I won't be able to make most of the events due to a new job this year, and I thought I was going to be ok with that. But, I'm not. Not even close to being ok. Next year I'll be back even if I need to find a new job to allow it!

attachment.php

:D

Heck, we don't even know each other but good to see you posting again more often.

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
Good to hear you're getting back after it again bro!

Holy ****, Kenny! You're alive! You know my phone was always functional right? Asshole...

Go Back in the Closet Kyle!

It's too dark for selfies in there, I won't go back I tell you. NEVER!

Good to hear your back. I've got a box with your name on it here.

Ryan

Is the name on the box Kyle for once?

attachment.php

:D

Heck, we don't even know each other but good to see you posting again more often.

Posting a picture of a bra like that I thought you might know me... LOL

I had a Hulk smash relapse and had to start off with a new phone from scratch. Text or PM the digits buddy boy. I think a beer trip up north is due....

Back