Bed liner instead of paint

DIESELGUY84

Bracket Racer
I'm curious how much a professional would charge to spray bed liner on the exterior of a pick-up? (excluding fixing dents) I'm thinking of doing this to my bracket racer, because excluding primer and rust, it's three different colors, and a base coat/clear coat seems to be WAY out of the budget!!

Thanks in advance!!

there was a thread done about that. I believe it was with line-x. Should find it if you search it. It was very expensive though like 6000+ or something crazy like that.

It would be cheaper to paint it, I want to say it was right around 3k for the local Line-x dealer to spray a 3/4 ext cab..... No body work, just spraying it...

They do make a product you can spray yourself for about $500.00 and comes with the gun and all.. Gator is the product IIRC...

Here's a couple pics....

Completely LINE-X'd vehicles:

Before:
Blazer3.jpg

During:
Blazer5.jpg

After:
Blazer12.jpg

GreenJeep2.jpg

GreenJeep1.jpg

Yukon12.jpg

Yukon13.jpg

Before:
redjpb1a.jpg

During:
redjeepbooth.jpg

After:
redjeepc1.jpg

I did some searching to no avail. I will be doing the work myself (sorry should've said so in the first place) since work has qwik-liner a gun, I just need to buy the materials. I was just curious how much a shop would charge these days.
Thanks for the replys!!

Last edited:
There is a guy in my town with a second gen dodge fully Line x'ed. Well not line x brand he did it himself with a kit. It doesn't look to bad. It's just basic black. I kinda like it.

Those are sweet Tank, not what I would do for a bracket racer though, it's heavy.

Those are sweet Tank, not what I would do for a bracket racer though, it's heavy.

Not to high jack this thread but he makes a very good point. Anyone know how much of a weight difference this would make?

I've heard of a CCSB Ford took 60lbs of product...so unless it gains weight flying through the air when applied....it's between 60-70lbs.

Which is nothing....if people worry about adding 60lbs more on a full size vehicle,...then they should just buy Hybrid....LOL

just leave the car all rusted up,. i love seeing old azz cars dont look like could even make it down the track, come back and beat the crap out of new mustangs and stuff

I've heard they can weigh up to a few hundred pounds more when the product is applied.. But that's just hear say I believe.

I've heard they can weigh up to a few hundred pounds more when the product is applied.. But that's just hear say I believe.

well of course if more is applied....duhhhh.

Last time I checked,...they put between 2-3mils thick...if they put 7 mils thick...then yeah..it'll weigh probably close to 200lbs...

....but seriously....racing may be one thing(worrying about weight)....but in our trucks.....that is still like saying..."dude...you can't ride with me to the store...if Iyou ride with me.....it'll make my truck weigh more"

If you are shooting for a certain weight class....and are that worried about how much the paint weighs.....sand all the paint off of the metal and clear coat it...

C'mon guys....let's not get stupid here....LOL

I agree that 200lbs isn't $hit.. I was just saying what I had heard.

I really don't see a drag truck doing this.. Seems more like a trail rig scenario.

I think it would look pretty cool and it's still somewhat different but there are some other people doing it. The price to have someone do it is pretty crazy. You could buy a pretty nice paint job for that much coin.

i have the al's liner in my bed and on my rockers. It does not hold up well btw. I like it but its not even as tough as paint. brush and small limbs scratch it all up, if you drag anything across it in the bed it gouges and looks horible. My rockers hold up as far as rock chips go but still small bushed scratch it all up. It is too rubbery. You can literally make a deep mark in the stuff with your finger nail. I like it for what it is(cheap) but it is definately not even half as tough as line-x or rino liner.

Back