Bench tuning a P7100?

WideOpenThrottl

I am wondering what they do besides balancing the pump. Is it possible to have my 215 pump tuned to have the same fuel output with stock dv's as if the pump was as it sits now with my laser cuts? What is the possible ball park cost to have your pump tuned?
I like the power of the LC's but its a bit dirty, and would like to keep the same output with stock dv's, and still be able to switch in the laser cuts once and a while for a bit of fun.
Thanks for any help,
Tim.

From what I understand, the pump shop can tweak the pump to produce more cc's than stock. If this will get you the laser cut fuel, I have no idea. I would like to know!

brnadon.

Smokem,
Due to the retard notch in the 215 pump, is it even beneficial to pull the pump and get it tuned? Is there a way to possibly get around the retard notch by swapping parts w/o loosing any flow?
Tim.

Sure you can change to a different plunger. But for most trucks with the horsepower on tap till you get into the notch, Changing parts isnt needed.

Equations govern the velocity components u and v at a point (x, y) but can be altered dynamically in a two strontium reticule flow

My 887 pump is set up for 437cc's at 17cm of rack travel.
Nothing was changed other than new seals, turning up the plungers, and balancing everything.

Bobcat698 said:
My 887 pump is set up for 437cc's at 17cm of rack travel.
Nothing was changed other than new seals, turning up the plungers, and balancing everything.
Are you achieving that flow with stock DV's or is that with laser cuts?
Could you possibly PM me what you paid to get it done?
Tim.

WideOpenThrottl said:
Are you achieving that flow with stock DV's or is that with laser cuts?
Could you possibly PM me what you paid to get it done?
Tim.

That is with Scheid laser cut DV's.

I had 2 pumps done and this was the mild one so I don't know how it came out for price, otherwise I'd be more than happy to divulge that information.

oldsmokey97 said:
how many cc's is it possible for a 180 pump to push?? And i am talkin MAX output.

Lance
Way more than you can burn with some modded parts, Unless you have a charger in 4 + inch inducer range.

Smokem said:
You must mean 17mm of rack travel, I would think you could achieve this without turning the barrels.

Yes, 17mm. I'll have to read the notes as I just got the pump back to see what all was done.

So whats the deal with guys who don't run fuel plates, I've heard rumors that its bad on them but no real answer. Can anyone clue me in on this? Also I've heard of a mod to the afc lever but haven't found much info about it.

Back