Bent Rims?

Camotanker

All American Retard
Anyone ever have a bent after market rim? How about 2?

I have a death wobble in the truck from two slightly bent rims. Should be interesting on Monday talking to the tire store. It's been a few years since I bought them but I hope they or MKW the rim maker steps up.

How common is this? Anyone else have a story?

Thanks,
Scott

I bent two Weld Racing 18x10 wheels a few years ago from hitting a large hole going pretty fast. Sales rep came to the place where I got them and said nothing he could do except sell me two more discounted a little. I checked with a rim repair place and the cost for them to fix them was not much less than the new ones cost me and they would never get them looking like new. So I sold them all on ebay and bought some different ones.

our local company is Les Schwabs. they offer a 1 year warranty, however I do believe MKW has a "structual" lifetime warranty. Not sure if "bent" fits into structual or if that means it has to have a crack in it.

yeah. it made me sad... gonna try to be careful. no wicked 360 wipeouts into curbs.

if there is a bend kiss the structural warranty goodbye! im currently going through this with a 24x10" wheel, they have a lifetime structural warranty only if its cracked, not bent. mine was cracked and bent.

Back