Bentz Dragster does monster wheelstand... At the DHRA Nationals

dieseldragster

First to the sevens....
We made 2 passes for quaillfying, and the first went into a monster wheelstand, and pulled the front end up a foot two different times during the pass... Only made a 9.60 150 pass, and then broke the trans on the second run.

The Diesel World guys caught it on photo, will get them soon. Awesome shot.

Back to Colorado in the AM for more parts.... Done for the weekend.

I hate to hear ya'll broke...bu love to hear about the wheelstand :evil :woohoo:

I caught you guys on the bounce, where if you look close you can see a left rear slick off the ground =) More converter off the line next time guys! LOL

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine
www.dieselpowermag.com

Dad used to have the same issue. He wore out a bunch of stingers...

fremont_wheelie-small.jpg

Last edited:
photos!

Here they are, compliments of Diesel World photog....

Attachments

• wheelstand lv dhra 500.jpg
    wheelstand lv dhra 500.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 166
  • landing 500.jpg
    landing 500.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 147
JQmile said:
I caught you guys on the bounce, where if you look close you can see a left rear slick off the ground =) More converter off the line next time guys! LOL

Jason Sands
Associate Editor
Diesel Power Magazine
www.dieselpowermag.com
Can you post it up?

dieseldragster said:
Here they are, compliments of Diesel World photog....

That first shot is sweet Scott. I was standing behind you guys and like Jason said, I saw the rear tires up too. I was affraid it might have been tough on the tranny though.

Hope you guys had a safe trip home and we'll talk to you soon.

David (sitting in the airport) :hehe:

Well,, the tranny input shaft took the impact of the rear tires unloading and hooking again. It broke clean. It is the latest vasco shart from ATI, but luckily, there is a bigger (more $$$) one now. It is only money.......

Guys, great event, thanks to all.

Here is a shot of the input shaft. It is the one in the middle that broke in Vegas. I have already bought some ringless ones, and ready to put them in, but had the wrong sun gear. The one on the left is the one we broke in Pomona 2 years ago.

Like the clean break?

Attachments

• another input 500.jpg
    another input 500.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 75
I guess that's easier cutting them that way than getting the band saw out... LOL What material are they made out of?

brnadon.

Scott, Those pics are AWESOME!!!!! B.T.W. whats that bulge in the lower panel behind Dustin for?:poke:

Last edited:
joefarmer said:
I guess that's easier cutting them that way than getting the band saw out... LOL What material are they made out of?

brnadon.
The middle one is Vasco, one of the best materials they do the shaft in. Supposed to be good for over 1200 HP. Right.

RacinDuallie said:
Scott, Those pics are AWESOME!!!!! B.T.W. whats that bulge in the lower panel behind Dustin for?:poke:
That would be double top sectret. That is where the flux capacitor and the nuclear regeneration module are hidden....
:hehe:

It is where the old starter used to stick out, and now with the new MSD ministarter, it is no longer needed.

dieseldragster said:
That would be double top sectret. That is where the flux capacitor and the nuclear regeneration module are hidden....
:hehe:

LOL we need to talk, It seems to be too small of a flux cap, I have been testing out a new 350KW Cap that'll make the hair stand straight up on your head.....:hehe:

I betcha that's also rated at 1200 ft/lbs. I suppose the ringless design is rated for more? Any good links where I can read up on them?

brnadon.

joefarmer said:
I betcha that's also rated at 1200 ft/lbs. I suppose the ringless design is rated for more? Any good links where I can read up on them?

brnadon.
ATI, TCI and Transmission Specialties all have some killer ones. I have TCI and TS stuff coming. and the TS one has a one year warrantyt agains breaking! We WILL put it to the test for them....

dieseldragster said:
ATI, TCI and Transmission Specialties all have some killer ones. I have TCI and TS stuff coming. and the TS one has a one year warrantyt agains breaking! We WILL put it to the test for them....
Awesome! It's nice seeing you guys out on the track again! I'd like to quote my engine builder after telling him I shelled another tranny:
"That must mean there's some power in there after all." :hehe:

brandon.

Back