Best auto for duramax drag racing

06cumminz

I have an 01 duramax ex cab short bed, 1000hp on fuel 1200 on spray. What is the best trans to run for drag racing. Im pulling the allison out and have read up everything from th400, powerglide, duraflite, 4l80 ect. I want a manual valve body and something i dont have to rebuild every pass. I know it cost money, Id like to be 5-7K

Im running 3:73 gears right now with a 33" slick, expecting low 10's high 9's, Truck weighs 5000lbs

thanks

Last edited:
With 3.73 gear ratio and the rpm limits of your d-max, you need an overdrive transmission, therefore TH400 and Powerglide can be eliminated from your list.

4l80e, $200 electronic module to make full manual.... Since you're in TX, check out http://www.jakesperformance.com/

The th-400 can have first gear removed, since the 4l80 is basically the same, I wonder if that is alos a possibility.

Ya the gear and rpm are limited for sure. It sounds like a 48re is the way to go, does anyone know where i can get the adapter plate to go from duramax to 48re? I can build a trans mount and the trans.

Call Brad @ Calvin's auto in LA builds a very good duraflite. Proven trans behind a duramax over 1000hp.

Suncoast has the adapters. You'll need a custom converter also.

Okay thanks for the help guys, talked to suncoast there moving facility's and are 2 months put from being able to make one.

tranny or adapter?

I have a couple of their new converters and may have a spare adapter laying around if you get in a jamb. 4x4 or 2x4?

The adapter id 2 months out.

Its a 2wd, I need the adapter and sounds like a converter. Was tryin to make texas nationals at ennis.

Back