best bang for buck double din for 03 dodge?

Out Back 4x4

stock cd player finally starting to take a crap on me, so I am wanting to convert my truck and put a double din in it. listen to a lot of cds, so that function is a must, but i'm slowly converting to mp3/ipod and also have sirius radio. So i would be looking for a front auxiliary input. Like the look of a touch screen as well but it's probably out of my price range $400 or less would be perfect for my budget.

Besides changing the bezel, is there anything else that has to be done to make this work?

thanks guys,

Jake

Its a lot of work...not for the week of heart if done right. I have 20hrs or more tied up.

I have looked at both of those units, and would like to see if there are any out there that will play a movie and music at the same time, so I can have wireless headphones and listen to music while driving.

A lot of room has to be acquired since the biggest they came with was 1.5 din from the factory. I wanna do this but possibly moving hvac controls and cutting into hvac tubing and making a bezel and blah blah blah it goes down hill pretty quick

The controls can stay, you just need to trim some plastic from the top area, then open up the face. I have a spare bezel to experiment with.

I put a Pioneer Z3 in my 03.

Some sight trimming required but it fit.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

if i were to purchase a bezel already made for a double din, is there anything needed to be reworked internally in the dash?

Back