best lb7 mods?

2wdfordboy

just got a 04 reg cab long bed with 106k, looking to do some basic mods wake this truck up. whats good? starting out with ordering a mbrp exhaust and a s&b intake. whats a good tuner? possibly a batmowheel aswell?

Torque converter, Lift pump and efi live... get Gauges and you should be good for 500hp...

Built trans, efilive, lift pump, intake and exhaust. That's a good start.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Intake, exhaust, stock trans tune efilive. It will help the trans live longer. Get a good fuel filter on there too! there's several adapters out there that use a cat 2 micron id suggest that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Tune, lift pump, exhaust can put you at/over 500hp......be careful on the stock trans with that.

No need for an intake up until over 500rwhp. Just keep a decent filter in the stocker.

Lift pump, exhaust and a programmer would make you happy until you get your trans done.

Local truck around here has just a intake exhaust and efi live and dynoed 511 1100. I have a video if anyones interested

Sent front camo cased otterbox iphone

Go on and get efi live on a 5 position switch, you don't have to use the higher setting untill after the tranny is built.

exhaust, efi live, lift pump, traction bars, traction bars on a stock truck make a world of difference. block off the resignator on stock intake. an rdl intake horn isnt a bad idea either.

I'd definitely get an intake. The newer model duramax engines have very good factory air intakes. The older models have garbage intakes. Id honestly just get an exhaust system and run a PPE standard tuner. That will probably give you all the power you want

ok cool thanks for info! how hard is it to install the exhaust? and looking for a egr delete?

LB7s don't have EGRs unless they are Cali models. If you have a EGR make sure you tell people that when you order parts

a 3.5" airhorn makes a noticeable difference
checkout profab performance

How much of a difference does the 3.5in horn make actually help with power or just whistle?

EFI is great but if your going to keep it basic id get a PPE standard. If you do decide to build the trans later you can send it back to PPE and have it upgraded to the HOT+2 ET.

Nothing compares to efi live. U can keep it basic or go all out. U can choose all of the tunes theres a lot moe customization

Sent front camo cased otterbox iphone

10k route is what I was told by john kennedy back in 2006 way before I got my 02 LB7 in 2009. Trans, Tune(s), Lift pump(s), Intake, Exhaust, will put you pretty close to 10k if not a little below it. I would take it two steps further and add a boost valve and port and polish the stock intake horn yourself and save that 100 bucks to put towards new tires lol.

Back