best lb7 programmer

twinmega06

master debater
well, just bought my first dmax and was wondering what you guys think would be best programmer to use. the truck is a 02 2500 ex cab 4x4 auto and will mainly be used for towing.
all input is appreciated

EFI Live is ideal, but for a small bump in power there are tons of options.

I am really happy with my PPE Standard. It is very simple to use. My truck is making good power on tune 2 and I have 3 more tunes available. Tranny needs upgrades for the 4th and 5th tune. The 3rd tune walks the line at +120hp to the crank. I am going tot rn this tune for a little while.

Mike

EfI live is the ideal way to go for any application with a Duramax. If you aren't wanting to spend that much on it though another great option that works really well is the Quadzilla Stealth Programmer or Diablo Predator. They are about half the price but still give you nice power gains. They don't have near as many features though.

If you are moving up to PPE you might as well just get EFI Live because the PPE's are not that much cheaper.

The EFI Live, Quad & Diablo can be found Here.

if all you want it a little more and be safe just buy superchip small and safe. good for towing. we have it on one of our duramaxs and it pulls about 16000# everyday and haas stock tranny and never have had a problem with it. about 20000 miles on the truck with the superchip installed.

EfI live is the ideal way to go for any application with a Duramax. If you aren't wanting to spend that much on it though another great option that works really well is the Quadzilla Stealth Programmer or Diablo Predator. They are about half the price but still give you nice power gains. They don't have near as many features though.

If you are moving up to PPE you might as well just get EFI Live because the PPE's are not that much cheaper.

well ppe is better if you are staying with the stock turbo efi is better is going to injectors or a bigger charger.

well ppe is better if you are staying with the stock turbo efi is better is going to injectors or a bigger charger.

Ummmm.... that is questionable

EFI can make big power either way. I have a hot+2 works great but EFI is the ticket by what I have seen. Im switching.

Pretty good advice here. I also like the Edge for simplicity.

I prefer EFI all the way though.

what else do you plan on doing to the truck; trans work, turbo upgrade? reason i ask is b/c if you are only going to do the basics, intake exhaust programmer. i'd highly suggest the Hypertech MaxEnergy. they make a very safe unit, they design their tunes to be able to tow on any level. it will increase line pressure to reduce slippage and will gain 2-4 mpg. the ppe, diablo and quadzilla are nice but to use it to it's full potential you'd need to do some trans upgrades.

right now im just towing and using it as a work truck. it has a cold air intake on it already and a 5'' exhaust on it. if the funds allow id like to drag race it a little bit this coming year. i know a built tranny and turbo will be needed. ive got a 06 megacab that keeps eating at my wallet though! :)

if you're going to race it in the future then i'd just either go for the ATS E-Power or the Quadzilla Race tuner. both have 10 levels for the lb7. the ATS goes up to 350 hp and the Quad to 215. and of course an upgraded fuel system will be needed as well.

kyle

Ummmm.... that is questionable

EFI can make big power either way. I have a hot+2 works great but EFI is the ticket by what I have seen. Im switching.

yea but i have seen alot of the hot +2 beat efi tuned trucks but thats beside the point if someone does not have time to tune or have a laptop it makes it harder to mess with it.

if you're going to race it in the future then i'd just either go for the ATS E-Power or the Quadzilla Race tuner. both have 10 levels for the lb7. the ATS goes up to 350 hp and the Quad to 215. and of course an upgraded fuel system will be needed as well.

kyle

ATS E-Power up to 350 hp???? Are you serious? They don't even make that claim on there website. It has a top setting of 170 HP.

kyle

yea but i have seen alot of the hot +2 beat efi tuned trucks but thats beside the point if someone does not have time to tune or have a laptop it makes it harder to mess with it.

:bang:bang:bang EFI Live is where it's at. A well tuned EFI Live truck will beat any off the shelf programmer on the market. Even if you don't have the time or knowledge to tune it yourself there are enough tunes out there to play with. Stock to wild you will never have to switch to another programmer. I'm stock charger and injectors and it works way better than any other i've tried. Bullydog, Quad, PPE, ATS.

yes they do.
http://www.atsdiesel.com/ATSWebsite/ProductsGM/Electronic.asp

http://www.xtremediesel.com/atsdiesele-powertuner.aspx

i hear ya black05, it's just alot easier to change programs w/ a tuner, unless you get the DSP5 switch. i'd like to get efi as well but i'm happy w/ my stack now.

that seems to be the one drawback. I have the dsp2 switch. big tune/ tow tune and it seems like you have to let the trans learn the new torque values when switching from tow before you stomp on it. If not the shifting will be kind of wild until it learns what's goin on.

Today was the first time I had seen the new site too. When I clicked on your link it gave me the old site though..... WTF?

Back