Best MPG Drag Comp and Smarty?

Red Stroke

LittleRed asked me to see what you guys have found to be the best MPG settings on your electronics. He is on his way to Texas with an empty 25' gooseneck getting about 14ish. He has tried some different combo's without much luck.

Truck is a reg cab stick 3.54 gears stock tires, maybe they are 285s

98.5 24V, 62/71/13 ss, Jammer 4's, BAHF, SB 3600, Smarty Revo/Drag Comp, Remus Fuel System, 6" Super Single

Any ideas and I will have him try them on his way.

Thanks!

Adam

There is a timing only setting on the Smarty. Put it on that.

If he decides to do this, make sure HE TURNS THE COMP OFF!!! If he doesn't then he will end up wth a blown motor...

My recommendation would be smarty REMOVED and Drag Comp on 5x5

The best mileage I was ever able to get with my VP truck was with everything set on it's highest level. Which at that time was Smarty on SW8 and Drag Comp on 5x5. Very hard to maintain a constant speed though. And forget about cruise control.

I would run the comp on like 3x3 or 3x2. There is no need of low boost fueling to be set so high, waste of money and milage. You still get the same amount of fuel on the top end anyway.

sorry to change the subject of this thread but, what good is having 1300 hp, if your power band is a so short? has it ever been pulled or raced? or do u just dyno???

sorry to change the subject of this thread but, what good is having 1300 hp, if your power band is a so short? has it ever been pulled or raced? or do u just dyno???

Um you are saying my 12v has a short power band??:what:

I have pulled and ran low 11s in the 1/4...

LOL that was one of the most impressive things about your truck, the very wide powerband. Off topic, but how about posting that dyno chart?

Ive seen Red Stroke's truck run on Dunbars dyno here in Holland MI, didn't see anything short about the powerband at all.

Well the only one I have uploaded is this one...

DYNO1111hp.jpg

How about those 24v mileage tips???? He is headed back to MI with a powerstroke on the back shortly....

I think I'd run it in 3x3 on the Comp like Triple 7 said, Smarty off. Tell your buddy not to tow in the Smarty mileage mod, to much timing. Or maybe run it Smarty only in sw3 or sw5. Ran my truck down to Indy and back on Smarty only sw5 and got 21.5mpg.

Yeah I can get anything over 13 yet. Im going to try drag comp next. Last tank was on smarty on SW5.....NO GOOD!!!! only got 13 mpg. Best we got so far is drag comp on 3x5 and 12.86 mpg. Now we have a 25' gooseneck w/ powerstroke on it. we'll see what we get now. Later Gator.

Yeah I can get anything over 13 yet. Im going to try drag comp next. Last tank was on smarty on SW5.....NO GOOD!!!! only got 13 mpg. Best we got so far is drag comp on 3x5 and 12.86 mpg. Now we have a 25' gooseneck w/ powerstroke on it. we'll see what we get now. Later Gator.

the best way i leaned to drive is by the pyro for mpg, which usually = slow.

600-800 is the sweet spot for me, but im sure you ll have a hard time attaining that with a load.

the best way i leaned to drive is by the pyro for mpg, which usually = slow.

600-800 is the sweet spot for me, but im sure you ll have a hard time attaining that with a load.

Thats not the sweet spot for me since I cruise anround at 55mph at 900 to 1000* :bang. LittleRed, turn your comp down! Sometimes less is more.

Thats not the sweet spot for me since I cruise anround at 55mph at 900 to 1000* :bang. LittleRed, turn your comp down! Sometimes less is more.

man thats horrible, what charger? a 66/71?

if i drive 55 i can get it under 600 on a good day with no wind. and thats with 240's and a 62.

man thats horrible, what charger? a 66/71?

if i drive 55 i can get it under 600 on a good day with no wind. and thats with 240's and a 62.

Here's the kicker, I only hit a max of 1500* at wot! At cruising speeds it seems like the top charger does all the work.

Back