Best Single turbo for drag racing? HELP

rubberduck908

Im looking for a single charger that is nasty on the track yet somewhat streetable.

The only drag racing that goes on around here is on the 1/8th mile and the closest 1/4 is out of reasonable range. So a charger that is stronger in the 1/8th is a plus

Ive got my eye on a Super B Special and a Super Phat Shaft

Ideas, recommendations ... anything is helpful

Well I ran an II SPS66 for 4 years nearly. Loved that turbo. Need to have the right injectors, tuning and TC to spool it, but it would hit 55psi and stay there on the track. I had no trouble on the street. I put 80k+ miles on the street with it.

I liked my after playin with a super b special,silver bullet and a phat shaft 71 I would go for a 64/71. I will never by another bd product. I would go for an II 64/71.

yea 64/71 would work nicely a tried and true charger. or an E.D. 68/71 s300 frame spools very nicely on a CR

I have tried a lot of different combos. I have found that the 64-71.80 is the best charger for a driver and the track. It seemed to push more air than the 66.

Why not go with a 74 wheel that pulls a lot harder on the top end?

I was kind of wanted to try that out. I know Ponci had great luck,my brother makes 713+ and I had made 678. I think it worked better than my bullet and I know on my brothers truck the 66/71 spooled slower and ran hotter than the 64.

^^i noticed the same thing when we traded^^ the super B ran really well, honestly the truck felt way more powerful stepping down to the 64. it depends whats in the truck tho.

^^i noticed the same thing when we traded^^ the super B ran really well, honestly the truck felt way more powerful stepping down to the 64. it depends whats in the truck tho.

I ran a better mph and made more power with the bullet but ran a slower et. the 64/71 was cooler when cruising and less lag.

that sounds like some good advise! :rockwoot:

the best advice....I had fuel before air, with my last turbo and i only put down 3 more hp then I did on a stock turbo, and i added delivery valves. Now going to a 62/65/12 i can bet money i'll make more power and run faster times at the track too.

your going to hate that 65mm turbine and 12cm housing..... just saying

After the build the motor will have all the basic upgrades (Hamilton cam, studs, springs, pushrods, and 90-120 hp injectors) ... Im just wanting something that i can drive to work, yet get down on the strip. I'll probably call ED tomorrow before I make any moves on a turbo

After the build the motor will have all the basic upgrades (Hamilton cam, studs, springs, pushrods, and 90-120 hp injectors) ... Im just wanting something that i can drive to work, yet get down on the strip. I'll probably call ED tomorrow before I make any moves on a turbo

your probably gonna want something like a silver bullet if its gonna be a on common rail with all those upgrades...it should spool pretty quickly

your going to hate that 65mm turbine and 12cm housing..... just saying

why will it spool up slowly? I had an a5k that was from pius with a 16cm exhaust housing and t6 flange, and that wasn't too bad. but after that i wanted something that spooled very quick so i think the 65mm turbine and 12cm housing should be good. Im gonna be using stock injectors until I figure out what i want. I was thinking sdx 5x.014's would still probably clean up pretty well and make good power.

oh it'l spool pretty quick and all.... but won't flow on the topend for sh!t...

i found to to be almost as bad as an hx35 with a bit of porting.

thats actually why i sold it....

your probably gonna want something like a silver bullet if its gonna be a on common rail with all those upgrades...it should spool pretty quickly

Id still do a 64/71/14 you can make 700 and be cool and spool better and have lower crusing egts.

Back