best T3 and the T6 gasket?

cquestad

Stainless? Copper? Thin or thick? Flat or a crush bead or fire ring? None?

Lets discuss...I you am about to put everything back together and all of my pieces are flat with a good RA.

I have always blown them in the past within 50k...but the surfaces were untouched from the manufacturers.

Thanks

well... why don't we take this a bit further and include the T4 gaskets too (i'll be needing some soon)

I assume there's an OEM t4 application, yes?

I used a few of the ebay t6 ones and they leaked until I hit my most recent one with some copper coat.

Still have not touched on the whether tto use stainless again or copper?

Or nothing....the surfaces are so flat now if i spit on them in and slap them together suction keeps them stuck.

I have used a copper one and didn't have any issues, of course the copper was a little thicker than the SS. I didn't have trouble with the SS ones either.

I like the copper ones. Mainly because I gasket match them and the OEM's embossed area winds up right at the edge of the gasket.

I like the flat copper ones. Especially if you need to remove the turbo a couple of times. I haven't had issues with them leaking even after several re-uses.

I like the flat copper ones. Especially if you need to remove the turbo a couple of times. I haven't had issues with them leaking even after several re-uses.

What thickness and where are you gettting them? I am afraid my volutes are too big for the embossed style as well. They are close to 1.25 x 2 inch ports now.

I like the thicker stainless laminated gaskets borgwarner supplies. They can be re used many times.

I think these ones came from a CAT application I am currently running. Any turbo shop should be able to order you some. Mine came from ADF Diesel up north here in Canada.

I am leaning towards 0.093 ish flat copper becasue it will be the easiest to port match.

I am leaning towards 0.093 ish flat copper becasue it will be the easiest to port match.

Yea I had forgotten about the folded over SS ones, those kind of have an issue if you do alot of porting. Where did you see the copper ones, I had a buddy make some on a plasma table for T4's. Where did you see the copper T3's?

Thanks

I'm kind of partial to two well machined surfaces and copper silicone.

Back