Best tires for the track?

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
Other than slicks or drag radials what are some of the best tires yall have had luck with running on the track?

I am looking for something besides my mud terrrains to get me some better traction!

Tryin to catch scott huh?

Damn that was a quick thread hijack!

I dont wanna catch scott I wanna pass him lol.

But I have a major traction issues, and hopefully with some new tires traction bars and some n20 I can get me a timeslip that reads 11.xxx

hopefully before scott...how much offroading do you do? If you just do moderate offroading (sand w/very little mud) then I'd say nitto terra grapplers...or toyo A/T's if you want just street tires...Toyo Proxies seem to be the hot route.

hopefully before scott...how much offroading do you do? If you just do moderate offroading (sand w/very little mud) then I'd say nitto terra grapplers...or toyo A/T's if you want just street tires...Toyo Proxies seem to be the hot route.

I got my fourwheeler to play in the mud. I am thinking about a soft street tire like the proxes

i called a couple of places refarding proxes and was told they are discontinued...

anyone ever run these?

i have a pair of 20x10 wheels on the way(i'm 2wd)..

MY 305/50r20 Cooper H/T Plus street treads were good enough to get my 7800lb crew cab out to a 1.72 60'ft. Been very impressed with these tires. Would recommend them to anyone.

Plus they were cheap, $114 per tire, for 20's!

just let some air out of the tires your running cody. i was looking into tires for the track, but it looks a whole lot more bad ass doing it on your mud grips! im just gonna let a little air out of mine next time

mine were at 30psi..

im thinking either some nittos like yours may be a good option for my truck but you got em so I cant run the same tires becuase thats just not cool!

I am still scrubbing the rubber off the front of my truck from the fronts spinnings and the tires just throw chunks of rubber off!

Just picked up a set of Proxes STs 305/60/18 and some ProComp 1079 18x9.9 wheels. I went from Cooper Discovery SSTs to these and the ride on the street is so different and quiet. Went to the track Sunday and was only able to make 2 passes with them. Much smoother down the track than mud tires. Was able to make a 18 psi launch without spinning the tires where the week before I did 4wd burnouts with the Coopers if I went much above 15 psi on the launch. Can't wait to get some more track time with these.

Anybody run the Terra Grapplers on the strip? How did you like them and what psi ? Thanks

Just picked up a set of Proxes STs 305/60/18 and some ProComp 1079 18x9.9 wheels. I went from Cooper Discovery SSTs to these and the ride on the street is so different and quiet. Went to the track Sunday and was only able to make 2 passes with them. Much smoother down the track than mud tires. Was able to make a 18 psi launch without spinning the tires where the week before I did 4wd burnouts with the Coopers if I went much above 15 psi on the launch. Can't wait to get some more track time with these.

:mad: how did you find those???? where?? LOL i tried to get a set of those 3 weeks ago and was told that size was discontinued.

No terra grapplers on the strip out there??

I've been running the 35" Terra Grapplers- they've worked great so far; 12.25@114.8, 45 psi; 10-15psi launch. I'm debating going down to a 33" tire though.

i called a couple of places refarding proxes and was told they are discontinued...

anyone ever run these?

i have a pair of 20x10 wheels on the way(i'm 2wd)..

The old style Proxes was dicontinued. I just picked up a set of 305/50R20 for the 2wd. The new style is supposed to perform better on the wet roads.

Thanks Pitz I just put 325/60/18 terra grapplers on. There an inch shorter then my 35s and an inch wider. Nitto specs said they were 32.99 but they measured on the rim at 34. Wish they were alil shorter but there wide enough they should hook good.

Back