Better mousetrap MAP Sensor?

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
Just curious if anyone knows of a better-than-stock MAP sensor (similar to the Timbo APPS).

How do the NAPA ones work? Better off going to the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting idea, but what would the boost read on an electronic gauge?

What's the problem Mike? Are they going bad on you? You know filter oil ruins them right.....:hehe: Ah, no.

You can't replace it with a pot. You can mildly adjust it with one, but that isn't what you are asking, correct? You just need a replacement? I'd offer you this, buy a genuine cummins and call Snedge. I think they are $95 or less and you'll need the harness adapter if you still have your original in.

Last edited:
I was thinking about the IAT sensor. Sorry for the misinformation. I do not know if you can wire a POT into the MAP sensor. I don't know how my brain turned MAP into IAT and still allowed me to type MAP...

Lay off the POT hydro.

:hehe:

That's what you get for your ghey ass avatar.

:hehe:

What's the problem Mike? Are they going bad on you? You know filter oil ruins them right.....:hehe: Ah, no.

You can't replace it with a pot. You can mildly adjust it with one, but that isn't what you are asking, correct? You just need a replacement? I'd offer you this, buy a genuine cummins and call Snedge. I think they are $95 or less and you'll need the harness adapter if you still have your original in.

Jory can you get the harness adapter from snedge?

The only thing filter oil (and the filters it's sprayed on) is good for is fire starter. :)

Yeah. Its toast. As in "hey look at that pretty orange light on the dash and why does my FMS say "MAP sensor voltage too low" toast. :(

Guess I'll give Snedge a call next payday. Blasted thing. Good thing I just bought a commuter. :(

Mike,
You might be able to buy a little more time by cleaning it with brake cleaner, but that doesn't work very often. The new MAP sensor will likely require a different size socket regardless of where you get it - NAPA, Cummins NW, or the local dealer. I think I've got a spare or two, want one? I'll check the plug type tonight. If they fit your rig they won't fit mine anyway.

IIRC new Map is around $95 and the harness is $10. You are looking at just over $100 plus freight now matter where you buy. Might as well get an OEM Cummin's one. Trust NAPA and such for fender flare bolts...leave the important crap to Cummins. $.02

Good luck.

Thanks Rob and Jory!

I ended up giving the cleaning route a try. So far, it's reading boost again and seems to be working fine. I honestly didn't plan on tearing into it for a little while... But then the weather man comes out today and tells us that we should expect 16" of snow in the valleys over the next 2 days.... We usually get double the amount up here.. So I figured I better have a working truck if we are going to be snowed in with dang near 3 feet of snow!! :) :) :)

I wouldn't even have the first clue as to where to get it. :D Heaviest thing I've ever had is Marlboro.

I know where, but the chance of getting shot or busted just isn't worth it to me. I don't like it anyways. Was it at least a 100?

Back