BFG A/T's De-treaded on me

I've been thinking about selling the D rated ones I got for some E's...maybe it's just me but D rated tires always look like they are low on air. I just wish I knew if the E's were just rated for more pressure because of structural differences? Obviously though you take the same tire and put 80psi instead of 55psi and its going to be firmer and flex less.

-Dustin-

different construction, that's why they can hold more air.. More ply sidewall. Stiffer ride, but more stable when hauling.

they look low on air because they're not designed to be run on these trucks... running a D rated tire at 55psi, you're maxing the thing out constantly...

with an E rated, if you're running around empty, you'll probably be running less than 60psi, so you're at 3/4 capacity

like I said, I will NEVER put D rated tires on one of these trucks!!

See I've read conflicting stories about sidewalls, etc. Even folks at tire shops saying they are the same... Anyways, I might just sell these D 315's and get some E 285, better mileage anyways.

More rigid/air mean better mileage in most cases also, no?

-Dustin-

yea better mileage.. And the guys at the tire stores are idiots..

And the weight of my truck up front is 4100 lbs.. My last D rated tires were rated for 3400 a piece.. Not exactly maxing them out :stab:. Majority of people today don't even haul anything in these trucks. So for most, they're fine. But yea if you haul anything in the bed on a regular basis, then E's should be thrown on.

See I've read conflicting stories about sidewalls, etc. Even folks at tire shops saying they are the same... Anyways, I might just sell these D 315's and get some E 285, better mileage anyways.

More rigid/air mean better mileage in most cases also, no?

-Dustin-

I made that exact move on my 98... had 315 BFG D's on it, I went to 285 BFG E's

night and day!!!!!

Thoughts on Hankook RT03's E rated 285/75/16? I've got 315 Maxxis Buckshots right now...

129_0710_02_zhankook_dynapro_mt_rt0.jpg

-Dustin-

I have the hankooks dynapro ATM

So far pretty impressed, the reviews are good also.

Most I talked to say the BFG is a better tire, but add about $250+ for a set of 4.

Back