BHAF's Revisited (looking up air filters based on dimensions?)

Begle1

Since everybody was making fun of Big Honkin Air Filters last time they were brought up...

I have been running a Donaldson EAF5067 for the last 10 years; now it's due for replacement and just a tad too big. Does anybody know how to look up good air filters based on dimensions?

It ultimately goes on a 4" tube and I'd like it to be smaller than 10" long and 9" diameter. But if it inner seal could fit on the existing 5.15" flange then that'd be cool.

This one also had the inner-filter which I thought was cool at the time. Don't know if that's a worthwhile thing to keep or not.

just look up whatever size filter you want and get the part number. then jegs or summit send it to you over there

Its just a ve so doesnt matter much, a auto parts store spectra will get the job done, ha.

I’m running a Baldwin PA2818. It’s only 8.5” OD but it’s 12-3/8” long including the flange. Not including the flange it’s 11” long.

Baldwin PA2818

There’s also a PA2819 that is in a metal “can”, but it’s 10-9/16” OD and 12-13/16” long.

Baldwin PA2819

just look up whatever size filter you want and get the part number. then jegs or summit send it to you over there

Its just a ve so doesnt matter much, a auto parts store spectra will get the job done, ha.

How do I spec up a filter by size though?

Did you look at the links I posted? This is Baldwin's "Search Area". Want me to come click your mouse for you?

Baldwin Air Breather Filters

I always enjoy getting my mouse clicked, so that'd be wonderful. :p :drool1: :poke: :shake: :nos: :homo:

All three of these links look like excellent resources, thanks guys.

I run the afe version of the classic bhaf on my truck. Here's a link. AFE 21-90058 Pro Dry S BHAF (Big Honkin' Air Filter)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seems like a couple companies are trying to spin off the BHAF. The Donaldson one from Riffraff looks decent for the price, however I don't have any personal experience with it.

Donaldson Blue® 6637 Filter (RDPFILTER-BLUE)

RDP-FILTER_BLUE__37279.1573532900.jpg

This is what I stuck under my hood! Not possible with two batteries unfortunately.

Attachments

• F40C1CBE-6675-43FD-8485-970B131BB057.jpg
    F40C1CBE-6675-43FD-8485-970B131BB057.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 0
Lots of excellent resources posted up here. Nicely done.

Same subject, but different angle, does any of you get a "service air filter" overhead message when trompin' the go pedal down on these larger filters? Ever since I put the AFE in mine, the increased air flow apparently sends the MAF into full retard. Just cleaned or dirty filter, either way, causes this.

does any of you get a "service air filter" overhead message when trompin' the go pedal down on these larger filters?

It's seeing so much air it thinks your filter fell off and wants you to check it.

It's seeing so much air it thinks your filter fell off and wants you to check it.

Ya, I'm assuming the flow is higher now and the MAF gets drunk on the additional air. Not sure there is a solution. Maybe put some tape over the MAF? LOL

Ya, I'm assuming the flow is higher now and the MAF gets drunk on the additional air. Not sure there is a solution. Maybe put some tape over the MAF? LOL
Plastic bag over the air filter should do the trick

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back