Big Ass Tires - Cheap??

sredish

Where am I?
Where can I find some cheap, big ass tires? I'm thinking in the 42" range. Toying with some ideas on old Blackie now that I have a daily truck. I'm thinking maybe some Bushwacker Cut-Outs and then trading out the tires for some aggressive 42" tires. Thing is, I want maybe a little used and cheap. I have some 37" militaries but they're a little too small now, let alone when/if I open the fenders.

I have 18" wheels on it now, I have 16" wheels for it as well and the 05 has some 17's on it that I could use, so wheel option is somewhat open. I've been scouring Ebay, Craigslist and all over.

I'd love some 42" Krawlers, but $$$ Any ideas?

Is this related to the post you had about 3 months ago? Or did you ever find the tires you wanted then?

In a 42.....TSLs and Iroks are the only choices that come to mind.

Pangela said:
Is this related to the post you had about 3 months ago? Or did you ever find the tires you wanted then?

no, i ended up finding 4 37" military Michelins on ebay for $180. Nice set and I'll probably keep them, we'll see. But since then, as of this past Monday, I now have an 05 to drive daily so I'm thinking of going a little bigger with the 03. I can fit 40s right now but at full flex, they're a little tight up front and I'm getting ready to swap the front 4" Deavers for some 6" Deavers to level and give me the necessary room. With Bushwackers, 42" should work fine.

I saw a 42x13.50x16 BF Krawler at a show this weekend. Killer killer looking tire!

EDIT: Maybe it was the new BF Mud Terrain, but I'd almost swear it was a Krawler. Their website doesn't show the size in either tread tho.... I KNOW it was a 42", saw it with my own 2.

There's a pair of 52" Michelins on ebay right now for $325, not shipped. Killer price and tires tho. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...010QQitemZ200159533995QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:
That is the new BFG MT KM2.....big $$$$ though.

They look very similar to Krawlers...here were the first size ever made, a 335/55R22 on one of my customer's truck:

24544.JPG

Oh and 42's are NOT big ass tires, lmao!
ive got 44's on mine now and i think they are small

I wasn't trying to say 42s are big ass tires, but I needed something to catch attention. Yea, 44s are small as well, but there's a point to where big is too big and it does more harm than good and the 42" area is where I'd like to be. Not trying to build an "eye catcher". The problem with the militaries is you can only go to about 38" and then everything is made for a 20" wheel and I'm not doing that.

I'd love to find some XZLs in a 40 or 42 inch tire but don't think you can find them in that height with my wheel, either 16" or 18".

Last edited:
42's on 20's are bad?
sell ya my 44's!
im going 49's or 52's i think...
at least 46's

I priced out those new BFG KM2's and just for the 325/60/20's to replace the ones I have now, run 455 a piece :bang

Looks like I'm going super swamper next time.

Lucky Jeff said:
I priced out those new BFG KM2's and just for the 325/60/20's to replace the ones I have now, run 455 a piece :bang

Looks like I'm going super swamper next time.

Hope you liked your front end while it lasted :hehe:

The 42" BFG KM2 is $609 at the lowest sale price.

Irok makes a non radial 42" that may fit your rim choice...a little milder than TSLs

Back