BIG OIL Predictions

GREGROB

CUMMINGS KILLER
Alright guys, I will soon be installing a Terminator HPOP on my truck.
As of right now, the truck put down 313hp with what I have done so far. Basically just a chip as far as power adders go. Have a 1.0 Banks exhaust housing on the turbo. Valve body and new TC for the trans, etc.

I'll fire off a couple questions and let you guys make some predictions as to what will happen when I get em bolted up. CAN'T WAIT! :bow:

1.) How much more boost will I make, right now at my altitude (6,000ft) I can only muster 25-26psi MAX.

2.) How soon will the extra boost kill my turbo, I know just drive it easy and don't let it go above 25psi too often. I was thinking of getting a manual boost controller so I can set it to max at about 27psi until I get a new turbo.

3.)How much more HP will I make? This is on stock injectors for now. Although, I hope to be building a set of AA code injectors to 180cc myself soon, then I hope to crack 400.

4.) How long will my tranny last? I have a Ford 3-disk TC, and the FTVB, although I would like the BTS VB, all these little things I would "like" to have would nickel and dime this project way over budget. :badidea:

I got a buddy wantin me to race a 7.3 with Bullydog and Propane. I could take him now, but it will be more fun to TERMINATE him. :eek:wned:

BTW, I know no one can give me definite answers on all this. These questions are intended to generate a little conversation and speculation on how my new setup will perform. If I can't go install it this week, I can at least dream and talk about it right?

I was gonna say "flame suit on", but I figured that wasn't needed since I didn't buy Swamps GEN 3 Flame Thrower Napalm High Pressure Hydro Boost Donkey Pump :doh:

I don't know how much difference your gonna see with stock injectors....

I am betting you will be at about 350 tops, 340 is closer...

$2k for 30-40hp, boy that makes sense:doh:. Yes dual hpop are nice, but imo you'd have been better off with some stage 2 singles and had a much smaller hole in your pocket:confused:

lol greg for how much you seem to know why the dumb questions? i say 341.

yup, waste of money unless your going for Big power...

oldschool, Actually it won't be on stock injectors, even though I would see a nice gain. My 180cc singles are going in tommorrow.
Hammer told me he saw like 35 more peak hp, but on either end of the curve, the gain was 50+ hp. The power comes on a lot sooner, and hold the line way higher than stock, which peaks at around 2700 then dies off. That being the case, the truck will feel a whole lot different with "power everywhere".

CSI, I agree with your estimate on stock injectors, with the 180cc singles I'm hoping for more than that though.

Luke, I'll have less in this setup than I would have paid for a set of Stage 2 singles.

Bigr, I think it will be cool to revisit this thread after everything is in place and running, and after I get a chance to dyno. I'll also be going to the track but probably not til I get a stronger tranny. Low 14's?

"yup, waste of money unless your going for Big power..." -CSIPSD.

Hardly a waste of my money. I know there are several ways to achieve power, but like I said, I'll be doing this for less than I would have given for a set of stage 2's anyway. Also, I won't be punishing my rods as much with the larger Stage 2 nozzles because they won't dump as much fuel down low.

I don't know about "big hp", but I fully intend on 400 RWHP or more. If I can't get there with this setup, I will do some nozzle work.
Maybe make some "Gregrob 1.5's" Send my nozzles out to EH and have them perfectly flow match and opened up to about half that of a stage 2 nozzle.

you can do 400 with a set of stage 2's and good tuning, but if you want DUALLHPOPS i won't stop u lol I just put a set of stage 2's and a 6pos in a 99 and that thing runs GOOOD :} stock oil and all he has for extra air is a afe stage II and a ported housing, i hit about 34psi and it droped and held 30 all the way up to about 80 when i let out

Are you gonna dyno that truck Robert?

I know I could have done it with Stage 2's, I just wanted to do it with oil and a little more fuel. 30-50 more out of the injectors (claim for 160 stage 1's on Bean's site) and 30-40 from Big Oil. I might just make it. :stab:

it may be dynoed 1st of the year, customer had to take it out of state as soon as i finished but i am guessing a good 400 with 35inch tires :}
robert

i know my dad is talking about geting a 95-97, if so we will dyno it stock, then do some stage 2's, custom tuning and a upgraded turbo, he wants to hit 425, i think it shouldn't be to hard
robert

I think the idea is not to run big power per say but to have a better performing truck. I could definatly see 180cc with stock nozzles and big oil running just as strong as stage two's and a stock pump. But i'm willing to bet the big oil setup will run cleaner and more efficinent and be generally more well mannered.

I am very interested to know how this setup works out, because I have stage ones and I need to replace my HPOP anyway. I'm thinking that stage ones, big oil, and a dominator 66 would be a very strong and well mannered setup. At least thats what I intend to try. I've got forged rods, so if that setup doesn't perform as well as I expect it too, I'll just swap out my stage ones for some b codes and go with the tried and true formula for power.

Got the injectors built and installed last night.
HOLY CRAP it pulls like a freight train. Honestly pulls harder in stock mode now than with the chip before.
I know it's probably only 40-50 horse but it made the power band way wider and stronger.
It's not falling on its face so bad with the injectors, haven't thrown a 1211 yet. (knock on wood).

I have not thrown a code yet on my 175/173 singles... Thats why I mention that duals are somewhat overrated. If Bob ever gets the pulse out on the market I might go that route but 2K for the duals is a little pricy...

I did 180cc single shots Robert.
Truck is definitely louder and a little rougher idle but who cares. I like the added power and I'm hoping I'll get a little more MPG too.

Building them was actually really fun. I had some help from friends who are skilled wrenchers so that helped too. Then there was that time my heart stopped for a full 10 minutes when I dropped the tiny check ball, stop plate and both dowels for that assembly. :doh:
Lots of pics to come from the build.

We also deleted my EBPV, plugged the pedestal, and put a wicked wheel in my turbo. NO SURGE now with the Banks housing + WW.
And the whislte is.... wicked. :eek:

Thanks man! I'm already wanting bigger squirts though. :(
The power is addictive, I can't imagine big injectors like you B codes or Hybrids etc.

D@*(&< d RODS... :soap:

Are you still running split shot programing on the singles? Might want to get that changed... Get Tadd to burn you the programs I am running!!! WOOHOO!!!

Back