big turbo up top

mikmaze

while at the Spring fling dyno event I saw a very impressively built 3rd gen with some top shelf parts. One of the most impressive parts was the twin turbo kit. The placement of the big turbo was up top, and toward the front of the motor, with the smaller turbo, tucked down low and rearward, dang near out of site. I was intrigued, as were others, and wonder what kit this could have been. truck was built by Rich Straub out of Long island NY I think. :charger:

We've built a couple kits like this. On one we did it that way, with leaving the Battery, A/C, everything in the stock location. When the boss man fabbed them up, it took a REALLY long time due to the customer wanting everything in the stock location.

I didn't get any pics of the install, I was still wobblin from a night at flapjacks.

I liked the look of Industrial's twin setup when I saw it at TS last year... Looks a lot simpler than my Stainless setup..

I built a set like this, it is in the twin pictures thread.

Is there any major differences with function. ? I have yet to see a set up like this...interesting!

This is how I'm building mine in my 96. Im just waiting on my elbows to come in so I can start building my manifold/header. (Test fitting in my dads truck)
The cover isn't clock to where I want it.

IMG_20140322_185120.jpg

IMG_20140322_185742_941.jpg

It's all going to be v banded also

Since this thread is talking about twin set ups, can i ask, whats the advantage to running a set up like what shane kellogg runs with that primarry turned the way it is?

I like that look better than other kits with the primary up top.
Looks nasty. Good job.

I would like to make a twin set with a big primary sticking out of the hood, I think it'd be cool on a play truck

I think it would be wild to cast a new exhaust side with the hot pipe included to connect directly to the secondary, flange included, bolt holes.. nice solid setup, one less spot for leaks and weakness.

Back