Big Twins (71/106) questions....

Clean looking setup!

If money was no issue, I'd like to try an he551/851 twin set. Of course information on either turbo is pretty limited

Clean looking setup!

If money was no issue, I'd like to try an he551/851 twin set. Of course information on either turbo is pretty limited

Biggest 551 is a 71/80, I have one that I put an 80mm wheel in. Never ran it though. Another I have is a 67/72, that's a titanium compressor.

The 851 looks like an absolute monster, has to weigh as least 120 pounds. My titanium 551 weighed in at 80 pounds lol

Biggest 551 is a 71/80, I have one that I put an 80mm wheel in. Never ran it though. Another I have is a 67/72, that's a titanium compressor.

The 851 looks like an absolute monster, has to weigh as least 120 pounds. My titanium 551 weighed in at 80 pounds lol

Yea I was looking for flow numbers and availability on used units, they seam to be pretty scarce.. and other than reading the name he851 I can barely see any proof that it exists haha.

The 851 is the next generation of the HC5/HX82 line, it isn't used in very many applications.

I was wondering why a turbo that size weighed so much, then I remembered everything you do is vgt Bramante

Last edited:
Holset has changed their website that used to list the features of each model, I don't remember the 851 as having a VE option.

Back