big twins time

redram04

Time to ditch the big single and go twins, my 75 just wont clean up my 200% overs ever.
So thinking like a 67.7/83/.90 t4 over something around 88/96/?? t6. The help i need is choosing the right size ar for the 88 and if the 88 is too big or small.

Never dabbled in twins so help is needed.

Being that your sig says you are running a 6.7, keep the 75 you have and run it as your secondary. Run either a GT55 / S500 or Thumper chassis for the primary. That would be a big set of twins for the street, a pair of S400 chassis are maybe a medium set of twins, and an 88mm compressor on an S400 turbine is a waste of time.

I know blacks diesel messes with the new borg s400/s500 setup. Maybe call him and see what he suggests. I know at one time he was considering the 467/588 setup a good 1000hp towing setup for a 6.4 or 6.7.

I'm getting ready to run a s366 over a s488. Wouldn't really call a s488 a waste of time, but it's certainly not optimum.

In my case, I'm just enlarging my current set of twins, so I've already got s300/s400 piping, brackets, and etc. Plus, I've got 75mm and 80mm cores and covers that I swap out without having to change the whole turbo. Same with the secondary, it's 62mm, 63mm, or 66mm.

In your case starting fresh, I'd do like the other guys say and go s400/s500 or GT55. That's where I'll probably end up.

Last edited:
I was hoping to ditch the 75 in an attempt to eliminate some low end smoke, will have to look into the s500 lineup.

My vote is for a fmw 467 with .90 A/R with a S591 thinking maybe 1.32 A/R

running udc right now but getting pretty pissed at it 4 tables to adjust.

when i do the twin swap i will be ditching my 60mm gate and running two 42mm gates, one of each half of the banks of the manifold.

So keep the 75, and pull more fuel then add a big buddy to the mix? Seems the 75 would spool even slower with another charger in the mix

We used to run an 476/83/.90 over an S500 104mm, and it beat the crap out of the thrust bearings in the 476 very quickly, even when well gated. I know Ashley Black found this too on their setup and ended up with a 96/1.32 turbine to fix it.

Can you pull fuel out of the low end of the tune?

I kind of can, with udc it doesnt respond well when working on the low end of the tune. Still working on the low end, have the top end about clean while cruising.

Interested in hearing more about these big twin setups, and the thrust bearing issue.

I am in the middle of a build, and I am not sure what turbos to use. its a built 6.7, 300% over Exergy sticks and so on. I have a 5 blade 80/87/1.1 t6 I was going to try as a single but I am thinking I want compounds.

I was planning on running my s464 over something fairly big, but now I think I'm gonna try sell it and stay with a smaller set.

I am running 471/484 twins on a 6.4 with 160% overs and it is very clean with UDC tuning I drive it on the street a lot with no problems

Interested in hearing more about these big twin setups, and the thrust bearing issue.

I am in the middle of a build, and I am not sure what turbos to use. its a built 6.7, 300% over Exergy sticks and so on. I have a 5 blade 80/87/1.1 t6 I was going to try as a single but I am thinking I want compounds.

I would try it as a secondary.

Back