Bigger inj lines for VP HO CTDs ???

dieseljunkie

Wasted Wages
anybody got any feedback on bigger injection lines. I see Haisley carries them for 24Vs. I have a stock VP pump & considering a Redline box, Mach 7s to accompany my other upgrades. does it being an HO have any bearing? By the way, truck pullin is the plan.:bigsmile:

I've never ran them, but from what I gather on here is that they are not needed to make big power. They are also known for given your truck a lopey idle.

I'm running .093 lines and crossovers and mach 7's right now and no box---truck doesn't like it when I come to a stop--it's super lopey for about 5-10 seconds and sometimes lunges--so you need to be on your toes(I have an auto)----my truck didn't like the .093 lines with stock crossovers at all--very bad lopey idle and it died every time I came to a stop---all this is with a Scheid HRVP---with no box right now or twins I feel like I'm driving a slug---I will say with the 7x25 injectors I had no issues at all--well they did smoke a tad, but other than that truck ran fine----chris

csutton7 said:
I'm running .093 lines and crossovers and mach 7's right now and no box---truck doesn't like it when I come to a stop--it's super lopey for about 5-10 seconds and sometimes lunges--so you need to be on your toes(I have an auto)----my truck didn't like the .093 lines with stock crossovers at all--very bad lopey idle and it died every time I came to a stop---all this is with a Scheid HRVP---with no box right now or twins I feel like I'm driving a slug---I will say with the 7x25 injectors I had no issues at all--well they did smoke a tad, but other than that truck ran fine----chris
are you back to your stock lines & crossovers? what turbo do u have? what made u buy the .093 lines in the first place?

dieseljunkie said:
are you back to your stock lines & crossovers? what turbo do u have? what made u buy the .093 lines in the first place?

You need more pump from what I have seen to really use the bigger lines.

We got some if you need them, couple passes on them and back off.... Maybe for your sled pulling you can make more sense out of them than we did.

JacktheBear3 said:
You need more pump from what I have seen to really use the bigger lines.

We got some if you need them, couple passes on them and back off.... Maybe for your sled pulling you can make more sense out of them than we did.
you must have been drag racing w/ them? I dont want anything i dont need, im trying to get all the info before i buy(financial suicide). sofar nothing good on big lines & tubes.:hehe:

dieseljunkie said:
you must have been drag racing w/ them? I dont want anything i dont need, im trying to get all the info before i buy(financial suicide). sofar nothing good on big lines & tubes.:hehe:

I thought you operators made big money.... ?

You should be sharing some of that suicide with me.....

Merry Christmas.... HO HO HO

JacktheBear3 said:
I thought you operators made big money.... ?

You should be sharing some of that suicide with me.....

Merry Christmas.... HO HO HO
HaHa! Wasn't sure if it was you or not, entirely too selfish to share. Gotta set of Mach 7's in for me???

A stock HO pump will show no gain in power with any injector over 150hp.

dieseljunkie said:
HaHa! Wasn't sure if it was you or not, entirely too selfish to share. Gotta set of Mach 7's in for me???

I'll take them out of my truck so you can ride them for the weekend.... Kinda like loaning your truck to a kid for PROM.

I really will let you try them if you need to Rock N Roll ....

Of coarse it will cost you somewhere in this game called life.

DEAL ?

I bought the lines about 3 yrs ago--put them on and they sucked, but that was with stock crossovers---then this year we bought a stage 2 monster pump and a stage 3(haven't received the stage 3 yet) and so I put them back on along with the bigger crossovers and 7x25's---I developed a leak in one of the lines and replaced it and swapped back in the Mach 7's and that's how the truck is right now---turbo is a 6 yr old B1(one of the first 5) and it's seen better days, but I'm waiting on a flange so that I can rebuild my twins---seems I do a lot of waiting for things----chris

JacktheBear3 said:
I'll take them out of my truck so you can ride them for the weekend.... Kinda like loaning your truck to a kid for PROM.

I really will let you try them if you need to Rock N Roll ....

Of coarse it will cost you somewhere in this game called life.

DEAL ?
your determined to get my money, arnt you. that cool id just assume give it to u. Thats an awsome deal, thank you for being so considerate, i dont know of anybody else who would do that. Im not in a huge hurry just yet(with winter & all) but ive got a heck of a wish list and the finacial future looks good. So ive got your number & we'll see about that weekend.:rockwoot:

Chris,

Don't you run a very tight TC? Do yo uthink that would contribute to the lunging and lopey idle?

I have heard a few guys buying these and if I remember right the most the HP was only 7hp on the dyno. $400- 7hp ????

Thats why I bought bigger injectors, but with a 97 in the driveway and a baby on the way, all the 24 valve stuff is leaving along with the truck!!!

Smokem said:
High sustained RPM requires larger injection lines for fuel recovery, I use no larger than 0.078" connector tubes on a street truck. They have dynoed +8hp and 25ft/lb over stock connector tubes, the decision is do you need them?

I run 0.093 feeder tubes with 150 hp inj and a scheid hotrod and they make damn near as much difference as the injector. it smokes quite a bit at idle warm or cold but runs like a scalded dog you just have to respect it or you'll be honing the cylinder walls. i run the stock injection lines.this is just my $.02

Case, With Mach 7's Wich i Highly recommend YOur 64 will be crying If you can keep Volume/Pressure to the injector. Can you say:ft: One Stack flames.
I was talking to karl About those injectors and he says he's around 1550-1600 at the end of quater. You might want to keep your charger in mind while selecting stix. $.02 BUt it would look cool :rockwoot:

HIGH TECH RAM said:
Case, With Mach 7's Wich i Highly recommend YOur 64 will be crying If you can keep Volume/Pressure to the injector. Can you say:ft: One Stack flames.
I was talking to karl About those injectors and he says he's around 1550-1600 at the end of quater. You might want to keep your charger in mind while selecting stix. $.02 BUt it would look cool :rockwoot:
What charger does Karl run? Also I do expect it to get hot, very hot thats why i would have to run water injection for pullin. Its only a 2.6 class for street. FPP that is!:badidea:

Karl's runnin the good ol Prostreet 66/71/14 With a cam. They allow just water and can you say rust!! But hay rock n roll Things do not last long with crazy egts over 2000 dg's Bad things could happen hahammmmm... Headgasket,Pistons,budas Head:blahblah1: :hehe:
Oh and I would love to see a drive pressure gauge

HIGH TECH RAM said:
Karl's runnin the good ol Prostreet 66/71/14 With a cam. They allow just water and can you say rust!! But hay rock n roll Things do not last long with crazy egts over 2000 dg's Bad things could happen hahammmmm... Headgasket,Pistons,budas Head:blahblah1: :hehe:
Oh and I would love to see a drive pressure gauge
I have a drive pres gauge. and for the record Mike Hupertz did the head work. But i know its possible to blow it apart w what i want to do. I swear this stuff has to be worse than drugs.:badidea:

Back