Biggest 24v injector

TJSHOTROD

Who has the biggest 24v injectors? What are they rated at and what are they putting down on the dyno and strip?

TJ

The biggest I have seen is Mach 8s with a shot of nos it was suppose to put down 830's at the wheels.

Andy

i have 7 hole/ 0.012 per hole EDM's...can be daily driven, i did for 40,000 miles
rated at 250 RWHP
Ive seen 7@.024's before

TJSHOTROD said:
Who has the biggest 24v injectors? What are they rated at and what are they putting down on the dyno and strip?

TJ
Some DDPs put down some OK power.......

i said rated, not proven...i agree smokem the VP doesnt flow near enough fuel and anything over a .016 hole is a waste...from what i understand
why honed, instead of EDM's? EDM's atomize the fuel better than honed.
EDM'ed 5x.018's in the puller, but its a 12v

Call Garmon and ask about Honed vs. EDM

i had a set of 150hp rated sticks that put down 180hp over stock with no fueling boxes or reflash tunes. it did however have a larger turbo to provide enough air to properly burn the fuel.

i think bullydog and F1 are the only ones with injectors rated at anything over 200hp. and the mach 8's are made for nitrous only.

so by finishing with honing, it actually smooths out the holes in the nozzles from the EDM machine?
you can get custom injectors made to match with your timing and bowl, in say in p pumped 24v

I don't want to hyjack or anything, but since it is relevant, what would a set of 7 x .012's do compared to these jammer IV's that I have. I don't know anything about the jammers as far as hole count and size. Anyone know? What are the 7 x .012 rated for and actually make with slight engine mods?

Edit> I just saw on their website the Jammers are 8 holes, but it doesn't say what size.

Last edited:
Smokem said:
I have heard some outrageous hp claims about this subject lately. There is no injector that will deliver fuel with proper atomization to make over 200hp on a VP44 equipped truck without "help". The P7100 moves much more fuel than the VP44 and there is not a 12v injector made that claims anywhere near a 250hp gain, doesn't something sound off there? If you want proven hp get a set of 8x0.016" with the fuel passages honed.

What do you mean by "help"? If you mean, stock transfer pump, stock air intake, stock turbo, etc., the i agree. If you mean, no other fueling mods, i have to respectfully disagree.

The 02 in my sig put down a 443 (i think that's the exact number) injector only pull on Dunbar's dyno in indy 05. This was with the drag comp turned off and boost fooling only. It did have extra air from the twins. This was with a bone stock cummins built vp44, not a hot rod pump of any sort.

That's pretty close to 240hp which is what the mach 7's are rated for.

Chris

I ran 437 with only boost fooling with sticks made somewhere in texas. I don't know what the truck made stock.

Smokem said:
Twins="help"

Does a big single = "help"? What are the rules? If your saying stock charger only, then I agree...

I don't know...

I think injectors HAVE to be rated "assuming" their is enough air to use the fuel they deliver.

Back to my old truck, just as an example...

The rating on the injectors i had was 240hp... With the air to burn it, they made 240hp above stock.

If i had the same amount of air available as in the above scenario, and ran a set of 150hp injectors, would i still have made 240hp above stock? No. The 150hp injectors wouldn't have the fuel for it.

So take those same two sets of injectors. One is clearly more cabable then the other in the right circumstance. If they had been rated assuming a stock charger... They probably both would have recieved similar ratings, even though in reality one is capable of substantially more power.

One thing people need to keep in mind when buying injectors, is that the power ratings are assuming you have the air to use the fuel.

The other thing that needs to be kept in mind, is not all injectors will deliver what they claim, even if the supporting mods are there.

Chris

I don't think the clairms are outrageous though.

How should they be rated then? How would you differentiate between a 150 and 240?

Chris

I understand that, but i want to know how much power i can expect from a set of sticks, not the number and size of the hole.

I would venture to say that even if held to one specific # and size (say your 8 hole x .016) there could still be dozens of different injector designs using those specs. Some would likely be better then others. How much power can they make?

That's what it's all about.

Smokem said:
You understand the general assumption, no VP44 injector will add 200hp+ without supporting mods. I am simply stating that these outrageous 250hp+ ratings are just that, outrageous.

Ok, i'm with you on the 325hp type comments. Yeah i don't think there is anything out there that will deliver much over 240-250 on a stock fuel system vp truck. Hot rod pumps, fueling boxes, programers etc dont' count as stock fueling.

Back