Biggest Common Complaints on your Chevy

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Specify year/engine/trans-2wd or 4wd.

I hear of issues with the front suspension on these rigs.....

I dont own one, but work does...2004 3500 DMax, dump,4x4 40k on it. Just had pitman arm, idler arm and tie rod ends replaced.

02 Gmc 2500hd 4x4 the torsion bars just plain suck, I had them cranked up but did alot of towing over the summer so I dropped them back 1/2 way to stock. Now I tried going up but the alignment is off & was eating up the outer edge, so back down till I do an alignment. Hopefully this spring/summer Ill be swapping a straight axle in, but without leaf springs.

The front end problems were solved about 3 years ago (for those that want to fix it). The next problem is the injector failure rate, and that has been addressed now as well (for those that want to fix it).

super diesel said:
The front end problems were solved about 3 years ago (for those that want to fix it). The next problem is the injector failure rate, and that has been addressed now as well (for those that want to fix it).

Care to elaborate on the injectro cure? Is it other than the factory warranty to 200K miles or something else?

C-ya

People are adding oil into the fuel tank to help lubricate the injectors. For some it's working and for others its not. I think if you do it prior to any damage being done it will help extend the life of the injector.

And to other things like the injection pump (CP3). I haven't heard about any one it's not working for yet. I've been supplying it to many diesel for almost 2 years now, all having outstanding results. We all are running at least a 30% mix or stronger as well. NOTE; Just what we've used with good results, and not a recomendation to any degree. My diesel has run any where from 100% in the summer to as low as 30% in the winter for 45,000+ miles now. Still running strong and super quiet.

super diesel said:
And to other things like the injection pump (CP3). I haven't heard about any one it's not working for yet. I've been supplying it to many diesel for almost 2 years now, all having outstanding results. We all are running at least a 30% mix or stronger as well. NOTE; Just what we've used with good results, and not a recomendation to any degree. My diesel has run any where from 100% in the summer to as low as 30% in the winter for 45,000+ miles now. Still running strong and super quiet.

Am I reading this right 100% oil and no diesel or do you mean a 50/50 mix of oil and diesel?

And if 100% is in fact worded properly, what kind of oil. There's lots to choose from. ;)

C-ya

You read correct. I did a 2000+mile trip with it the summer before last. It was a used hydrolic oil (specific gravity was under .870). I started ckoking the injects during the trip. I cleaned it up by adding some regular #2 and some CRC Diesel fuel therapy treatment after the trip was over. It still ran good except at higher power requirments (the big stuff) when this happened. It would burst a few times before it would rocket off. I am not recomending this, just testing for myself.

Teeny little donut sized factory tires and the worst looking factory wheels of all makes of trucks.

only really like the aftermarket chromed ones. Sure there are exceptions but most are still a little generic looking. They are an improvement over anything that came on the trucks though.

C-ya

Back