Billet 2nd gear servo stuck!!!! HELP

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
Im rebuilding my 47rh and managed to get the scarf cut PTFE seals stuck in the snap ring groove while inserting the new servo. Im running out of ideas and patience. The only thing I can think of is drilling a hole in my new 70$ servo so I can get at the seals so I can remove the damn thing. Any tricks to getting one of these out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm going to call a couple of tranny shops tomorrow ans see what they say.

Apply air to the feed hole and move your head out of the way.

before drilling the servo I would drill the case! but just down to the snap ring area.
maybe fish it out that way with a pick awl. feeler gauges, or trans lip seal installer might shove it around so you can get it out. before all that I would try shop air to actuate the servo and blow it out.. eye pro and face pro some rags to cushion it when/if it does
slide hammer with vise grip attachment may work as well.
good luck with a effed up problem.

I tried air to a couple different spots. I put a rag on the shaft coming off the servo. No luck yet.I did consider drilling a small hole as to get at each one of the seals and try to compress them one at a time to pull the servo out. I do know I don't want to damage my case by putting anyone force on it than I already have. I have a brass impregnated Kevlar band, beefier strut, anchor,and a 4.2 lever along with the Tfod-hd2 kit spring that goes in the servo that's a little longer. I haven't tried running a better servo yet but I may just drill the back of the servo out and put the stocker back in.

Last edited:
Got it!! Drilled a hole in the snap ring groove from the inside of the case and was able to poke at the seal. It did not help much but now I get to put more jb weld in my trans :). I ended up just beating it in with a hammer with a block of 2x4 as a buffer. 1 good wack did it. Of course it was after I drilled a hole. I wonder if that's why patc has a new ring kit listed under the super servo. 8$ instead of 72$ for a new servo is worth a new hole.Thanks for the help everybody.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
hole

shouldn't have to patch the hole as the snap ring wont go through the hole. glad you got it.

Already patched all pretty like with "quick steel". Thanks again.

Back