billet intermediate shaft differences

davem3261

What is the difference between a TCS 300m and 300 maraging intermediate shaft? . Going through their catalog any shaft made with 300 maraging has a higher torque capacity. I'm preparing for a future 1000hp daily driver. Trans is out getting aermet and a 29 spline output. Might as well do the intermediate while I'm there. Opinions welcome

What is the difference between a TCS 300m and 300 maraging intermediate shaft? . Going through their catalog any shaft made with 300 maraging has a higher torque capacity. I'm preparing for a future 1000hp daily driver. Trans is out getting aermet and a 29 spline output. Might as well do the intermediate while I'm there. Opinions welcome

The 300 maraging is a stronger material and a stronger shaft.

I called talked to Paul at tcs. He recommended the 300m over the maraging. He said it was overkill for a 1000hp street truck. It was $300 more for the maraging over the 300m.

I personally love overkill. If 300m is plenty then the 300 maraging will never have a thing to worry about.

Maybe a $300.00 savings but how much is another shaft, whatever else is damaged, and time down if you do happen to break it? Just my way of thinking.

I bought the maraging shaft. Usually when I try to save a buck it comes back and bites me.

I'd prefer the weak link to be the intermediate instead of the input. If the intermediate goes, it normally doesn't destroy much. If the input goes, it normally takes out the converter and pump. Stock intermediate should be good for ~1700ft/lb.

Back