Billet rod or other rod choices for 1000hp+ CR ??

Kubitza123

Looking for choices of billet rods for my CR bottom end build. I currently have 2007 5.9 putting out 991rwhp and 1801TQ . Bottom end is stock so i'm looking to balance it, add girdle, billet rods, etc.

I will also probably add more power to it as time goes on so I want a good strong short block. Might push it as high as 1200-1400 on fuel only over time.

What rod choices are out there ? Why do you think one is better than the other?

I've also heard of some running coated bearings, are they needed? Trucks a daily driver I only drive on the weekend. I'll run it down the track on occasion but not very often.

I'll also be going with a set of coated pistons and if anyone can throw me some options and what might be the best for my application?

Well I searched in this section but maybe I'm in the wrong section? Only thing I found searching billet rods were some possible Carrillo failures mostly from early styles and stock 12v rods hardened and shot peened.

I've heard of Cunningham and R&R but can't find much info on them as far as if they are better and why.

I got Cunningham and really like them but them only reason I got the was Drew was way behind. Either one of those 2 you can't go wrong

Back