Biodiesel kits

dieselsmoke0204

Ok guys. Ive been looking at these biodiesel kits and have some questions. Anyone who uses or has used biodiesel before, your input/help would be greatly appreciated. How hard is it to make biodiesel? I dont know much about it. Also, do you have to modify your engine much to make it where it is safe to run biodiesel? Are there any special filters or anything else needed? I saw some kits on wwww.homebiodieselkits.com and they looked pretty simple and easy to use, not exactly cheap, but pretty easy to use. Anyone have one of these that could give me some input? Any help would be great guys. Thanks. Oh, I have an 01 F250 with the 7.3 in it. Thanks again

It’s not very difficult. You need a base (NaOH or KOH) in high purity and methanol (99.9XX %). There is a fair amount of chemistry involved but it’s nothing overly complex. There are a few different ways that one can create the fuel. Lots of people use water heaters and arrange their setups as such. Other (like me) go out and get automated machines and there are the custom fab'ers that do it all themselves. If you’re a boilermaker or pipe fitter and can TIG/Stick weld you maybe in luck. Outside of this, as for the truck its self nothing really needs to be done. Your fuel filters will crap up instantly if you have run nothing but diesel as bio is an excellent solvent. Your fuel lines may need to be changed but only if your truck is way older (like 1990ish). The ford is a favorite among the BD users as they typically can withstand "crapier" batches of fuel opposed to CR style trucks.

It’s not very difficult. You need a base (NaOH or KOH) in high purity and methanol (99.9XX %). There is a fair amount of chemistry involved but it’s nothing overly complex. There are a few different ways that one can create the fuel. Lots of people use water heaters and arrange their setups as such. Other (like me) go out and get automated machines and there are the custom fab'ers that do it all themselves. If you’re a boilermaker or pipe fitter and can TIG/Stick weld you maybe in luck. Outside of this, as for the truck its self nothing really needs to be done. Your fuel filters will crap up instantly if you have run nothing but diesel as bio is an excellent solvent. Your fuel lines may need to be changed but only if your truck is way older (like 1990ish). The ford is a favorite among the BD users as they typically can withstand "crapier" batches of fuel opposed to CR style trucks.

Ok. So where would you suggest getting an automated machine? Is there a company you prefer?

How to Make BioDiesel Fuel and Processors the Official BioDiesel way that's where I got my plans from, it's the methanol lye version and you can buy the cone bottom cheap off eBay and use a 55 gallon drum. It costs me about $200 to make mine and that's including the shipping for some supplies I got and the titration kit too. If you have a p-pump truck I know 7 people who mix 5% gasoline 10% kerosene and just mix it with the WVO and filter it and pick up 2-3 mpg too. The plans are extremely easy to follow but if you need a tip or two let me know, I'll be glad to help.

Back