blew headgasket again.

tater01

i blew my head gasket again so this time im gonna try and build my bottom end a little iv thought about mybe polish some rods and some 12 valve marine pistons and blancing everything. its just gonna be a dd and hook to a sled maybe between 10 and 15 times a year. im interested in all ideas. thanks.

y wouldnt it work? iv also thought about so pistons bein my truck was a ho but switched to so pump. also goin with a cam.

The bowls do not match the location or spray pattern of the injector. Leave the bottom end alone if you're sticking with a vp. The money can be spent better elsewhere.

Maybe you should figure out why your blowing the headgasket?

What PSI are you getting from that HX?

O-ring the head and invest in some arp head studs and call er good, maybe some valve springs and a cam, your bottom end is fine for...everyone else can discuss where you need bottom end but I think 1000 hp has been done on stock bottom end?

i no y i blew my head gasket. i was a dumb a** and didnt get the blocked decked when i blew it the last time i had the head decked and a little valve work done and some how or another one of the arp studs loosened up on the left side of the engine. on a good track i can see between 45 and 50psi. i plan on running some ddp 200+ injectors and some sort of 64mm turbo

valve springs are waintin to go own as soon as i get the head done. SO vs HO pistons?

HO has higher CR. The stock bottom end is the last place to spend money, especially with 40-50 psi from an HX-40

Leave it alone. O-ring and stud the head and add valve springs and be done with it.

You probly don't need to resurface the head, just make sure the studs stay tight!!! What's your torque procedure like?
Like what they said, and you could do a cam would make it spool a little better, maybe lower egts a little

Now I disagree with the statement about resurfacing the head. If this is the second time his headgasket has blown then he either needs to try a different shop or have both the head and block checked and decked and surfaced to make sure this doesn't happen again.

i new i should have had the block done at the same time i had the head done. so i no thats my fault.. iv checked my studs from time to time i dont understand y the stud would loosen up and not the nut. and like i said i plan on changing things up since im gonna be pullin the head. i want to make good power reliably..

Where did the gasket blow? Front? If so its probably your high pressure oil port. Oring or milling the block won't help that. Or was it on the side from a water port? Have you inspected the stud? Is it stripped or maybe the block is stripped and you have to put a heli coil in. Anyway, i would leave the block alone and oring the head.

I had to retorque 3 times (last one hot) before the studs seated correctly. Also, don't floor it when it's cold ;)

i no y i blew my head gasket. i was a dumb a** and didnt get the blocked decked when i blew it the last time i had the head decked and a little valve work done and some how or another one of the arp studs loosened up on the left side of the engine. on a good track i can see between 45 and 50psi. i plan on running some ddp 200+ injectors and some sort of 64mm turbo

you do realise that to have the block decked you have to strip everything... You should probably master the art of doing a head gasket before you start building bottom ends. based off of youre knowledge and writing chance are youre going to fuk it up. just my $.02

DLV8 iv been around diesels my whole life we own a grading company and i would put our macanics aginst any one we did not do my head i had it done by a guy with a real good reputation around here. but as far as takin apart and putin back togetherr i thank we can handle it i mean after u pull a few moters out of d8's and d9's and rebuild them from the ground up i beleive i can handle it. and as for my wrightin i didntg pay that much attition in school just in our shop so how bout u just go find some where eles to talk s***. And RATTLINDODGE e used a stright edge thats y i didnt have it decked it looked to good to mess with.

Back