Blew up again.

zukgod1

Old fart
Second engine. 20k 5 months.

Wow!

First engine was from bad injectors.
This one I THINK was, now stick with me for a min here.

This engine sat for just over 5 years. I'm thinking the guides (intake) got gauled up a bit when we first started it.
Now just shy of 2 months later one of the guides on cyl 5 grabbed a valve and wouldn't let go.

Mr Piston was on his way up and didn't care the Mr Valve hadn't vacated the area yet.
So he proceeded to beat the living chit out Mr Valve to teach him a lesson. Mr Valve didn't give up without a fight though.

Pulling the engine again Monday.

Once it's back together I'm going twins and EFI.
ENOUGH screwing around.

spelling errors should be ignored from this device. =-O

Last edited:
It's a radical solution, but I like the idea of my motor costing less than a new set of injectors. Others may agree, others won't.

I agree. If wanting twins, billet rods are almost a must.

I don't race. Tow only.

This stupid 66 is a pig.

No fun.

The stock turbo spools rather fast. What's the problem with putting a larger one in there also?

This is a honest question guys.

Big Garrett over a stocker (or equal to it), T4 foot..

Last edited:
Second engine. 20k 5 months.

Wow!

First engine was from bad injectors.
This one I THINK was, now stick with me for a min here.

This engine sat for just over 5 years. I'm thinking the guides (intake) got gauled up a bit when we first started it.
Now just shy of 2 months later one of the guides on cyl 5 grabbed a valve and wouldn't let go.

Mr Piston was on his way up and didn't care the Mr Valve hadn't vacated the area yet.
So he proceeded to beat the living chit out Mr Valve to teach him a lesson. Mr Valve didn't give up without a fight though.

Pulling the engine again Monday.

Once it's back together I'm going twins and EFI.
ENOUGH screwing around.

At least you've got a sense of humor about it, I'd still be cussin! :rockwoot:

I don't race. Tow only.

This stupid 66 is a pig.

No fun.

The stock turbo spools rather fast. What's the problem with putting a larger one in there also?

This is a honest question guys.

Big Garrett over a stocker (or equal to it), T4 foot..

If you are just going to tow a 4094 garret works better than stock and spools really well in all situations. I know some will say it is way too small but I have ran one and it works great as a tow turbo.

Silver 66 hard to spool? How can this be possible? Hell, I have a truck that has a box 66 and it spools wonderfully, H&S tuning, intake horn, Suncoast trans and as of today received II 100hp nozzles.

Silver 66 hard to spool? How can this be possible? Hell, I have a truck that has a box 66 and it spools wonderfully, H&S tuning, intake horn, Suncoast trans and as of today received II 100hp nozzles.

It sucks!
Hook on a trailer and try to drive around town or just get in the freeway.
High egt's and SMOKE.
I'm done having to drive by the egt gauge and rearview mirror.

Small ass turbo with a larger one pushing as well.
It will be useable when I'm done

Just put our Billet 66/73/.91 T4 on a customers 6.7 today, spools great and gets up on the turbo quick!! Hooked straight up to the trailer with angle iron and towed amazing!

I think he's got some Werid configuration on his 66. That's why it sucks.

What's the specs on it zukgod?

I am truly disappointed in this turbo. For the fueling I had in the beginning (125's) I should have been able to spool this thing no problem but that just wasn't the case.

I did experience a power loss with the injector swap but not enough to make me miss it.

I suspect the T3 foot is one of the hold ups however I needed to keep the exhaust brake and I wasn't able to find a T4 3rd gen manifold to keep the turbo in the stock location.
I just didn't have the energy to redesign the system.

I am truly disappointed in this turbo. For the fueling I had in the beginning (125's) I should have been able to spool this thing no problem but that just wasn't the case.

I did experience a power loss with the injector swap but not enough to make me miss it.

I suspect the T3 foot is one of the hold ups however I needed to keep the exhaust brake and I wasn't able to find a T4 3rd gen manifold to keep the turbo in the stock location.
I just didn't have the energy to redesign the system.

The t3 shouldn't have been that big of a choking point.

Back