Blown !

CSIDODGE

Well guys as much as i dont want to tell you we blew our engine yesterday ! We went to ensure everything was good for sunday an in doing so we blew it up ! Im pretty positive what happened is i short shifted into overdrive an lugged it down too too hard !:badidea: Everything was happening faster than normal , even the shifts , that i got 3rd an 4th mixed up !*bdh* It was gonna be our best pass too ,our best 60ft , our best 330ft , an even come coasting into a 6.52 in the 1/8 as the time slip shows ! It was making some serious HP on that run ! Were gonna build a BIGGER BETTER FASTER engine for next year ! :rockwoot:

Attachments

• blown engine timeslip.jpg
    blown engine timeslip.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 193
here is some carnage pics

Attachments

• HPIM1605.JPG
    HPIM1605.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 482
sorry to hear about the motor those are so pretty good times.

more pics

Attachments

• HPIM1598.JPG
    HPIM1598.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 276
  • HPIM1599.JPG
    HPIM1599.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 235
  • HPIM1600.JPG
    HPIM1600.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 260
  • HPIM1601.JPG
    HPIM1601.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 184
  • HPIM1604.JPG
    HPIM1604.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 245
  • HPIM1603.JPG
    HPIM1603.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 250
  • HPIM1602.JPG
    HPIM1602.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 183
Man that sux the big one! yall were getting faster and fater every time you went out.

Can you explain in any detail what went wrong so that I don't replicate your masterpiece of destruction? :doh:

i short shifted into overdrive an lugged it down too too hard !:badidea:

Hmm, since you didn't overspeed it....

Gee - must have been excessive cylinder pressure! :doh:

We know you'll come back stronger. :Cheer:

How were y'all abusing the engine, anyhow?

i know that if your looking for a new block 06diesel has a cr block that would work with a 24v head for sale. i know the block needs the cylinders bored 20 over

That really, really sucks. Congrats for pushin the envelope guys.

Oooooooof ! Sorry to hear this one ! You guys will be out faster than before and it will be exciting to see new numbers.

Is it me or did it pull the wrist pin out of the piston, or did the piston just come apart?

No doubt that you guys are making some huge power! This is a good discription of why everyone with big power needs to stay out of the T/Q range.

Jim

Is it me or did it pull the wrist pin out of the piston, or did the piston just come apart?

No doubt that you guys are making some huge power! This is a good discription of why everyone with big power needs to stay out of the T/Q range.

Well i believe the cylinder blew first an then the piston caught the remaining side an chunked the piston off the wristpin
an then chewed it up !

Hmm, since you didn't overspeed it....

How were y'all abusing the engine, anyhow?

Well Im gonna say it was just too much cylinder pressure ! Too much Fuel, Water , Air an :nos: not enough rpm to get it all in an out !

I see the problem.....its Ford blue. That causes anything to grenade.

Sorry for your loss. Can't wait to see the new motor. :rockwoot:

Sorry to hear this, I was looking foward to seeing you run this weekend.
Are you going to fill the block on the next one?

Wow, looks like you blew that block in half or maybe even quaters? Your truck inspired me to sell my Silverado SS and get my 94 cummins on the road again. Good luck on the rebuild! lol on the Ford blue comment, couldnt agree more.

Back