Blowproof Bellshousing for NV4500

CumminNotRunnin

Internet Mechanic
I have searched on here and around on the web.

It looks like the only company that makes mass produced blow proof bell housings that adapt to a NV4500 is Quick Time. Does anyone else know of any other companies?

I know there are a few custom machined pieces out there for 3k plus but that's not in the budget for this year.

I figure by the time I buy a bell housing and Stroud blanket, I would be just as well off buying a SFI Bell housing.

Are you sure they carry a sfi rating? I know at one time they weren't sfi rated.

I have a QuickTime bellhousing that is sfi approved. When I got it I had to clearance for the throwout fork, but my biggest complaint is that while the bellhousing is blowproof the adapter plate between the engine and bellhousing is not replaced you you still have a cast piece in the area of the clutch. So if the clutch did decide to split ways it may not be contained. Im having my machinist make me a billet adapter plate just for piece of mind even though the rules don't require.

Fitment problems with the quicktime bell housing are with the clutch fork, get ready to do some grinding if you go that route.

It was with a 2 disk clutch but I don't believe a single or triple disk clutch would change anything. Probably just a manufacturing flaw. But I dont know if I saw any other bulletproof bellhousings when I was looking to buy

Here's a quicktime.

IMG_0318_zpsggubgequ.jpg

They're supposed to be making a steel adapter and spinning the bell deeper to get rid of the oem bellhousing adapter.

Back