Blue Smoke, Compression is fine

sliverbullet

My 06 has recently started to blow blue smoke while it is cold. The injectors check out fine with efi live and also a cut out test. My first thought was that it had a bad ring. The compression is still perfect, mech tested it twice with different guages both guages showed the same, The smoke goes away after it is driven for awhile. thinking maybe valve guide seals? Dont have a clue where to check next. Any Ideas

My 06 has recently started to blow blue smoke while it is cold. The injectors check out fine with efi live and also a cut out test. My first thought was that it had a bad ring. The compression is still perfect, mech tested it twice with different guages both guages showed the same, The smoke goes away after it is driven for awhile. thinking maybe valve guide seals? Dont have a clue where to check next. Any Ideas

how do you check the injectors with efi live? and which efi live can check them ? thanks

how do you check the injectors with efi live? and which efi live can check them ? thanks

You can check balance rates of each injector. It can be done with either an autocal or V2 used as a passthrough device along with a laptop.

Just for laughs put in new stock injectors and the smoke went away so apparently my injectors were bad. Got a new set of 90hp injectors ordered we'll see if that does the trick....I would've liked to have an excuse for a new turbo

Back