blue-white smoke at warm up

CoalMiner_PSD

Green Horn
i got an 05 powerstroke that smoke blue white, with an oil smell to it. I checked the oil and coolant and they are clean. The EGR valve was just replaced, cooler was cleaned out, and dumped some hot shots secret to clean out the injectors. I was told that it could be a cracked nozzle or stuck injector. but when my turbo cycles, say at a stop lite when i move up in traffic the veins open and when they close it continues to smoke. gonna take it to a shop but im just trying to get an idea from some other people. thanks.

i been looking around the interwebs and im not the only one that has encountered this problem. sounds like a seal kit that can be mistaken as egr or injector problem.

Turbo is easy to check pull downpipe and intake. Egr is also an easy check just pull valve.

i have a bully dogg outlook monitor and its not pulling any codes. Its got a k&n thats clean. ill have to pull the egr valve, intake, and down pipe. probably do it this weekend.

it was the turbo seal on the exhaust side. bought a rebuild kit from gpopshop.com for $140.00. Took about 5 hours to take off, super clean everything, and re install it. no i just have an injector giving me a fit. may have to try that rev x stuff cause hot shots secret worked for about two weeks. not a bad way to blow $50.00 :nail:

i got a #6 INJECTOR code, and #3 glow plug code. Im thinking the injector is bad and the glow plug should help with my rougher starts. any ideas on some injectors? dont wanna get snowed by remans.

Yeah, i may go with swamps 170's but im not sure yet. A friend of mine is trying to talk me into a cummins p-pump swap, but i dont have 5000 laying around. besides thats what my 79 250 was for.

Back