Bobcat 2200 UTV Kubota repair

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I bought a Club Car xrt 1550 which is the same thing as the bobcat 2200 UTV
(Club car manufactures it)

I bought it as a salvage unit :kick: It's missing the starter,alternator & clutch assembly.

I'm starting to gather parts, but have gotten frustrated with what the local bobcat & club car dealerships want for parts. It has a small kubota D722 diesel engine. And the part i'm hunting at the moment is the alternator. Club car says list price is near a grand and that they would sell me a alternator for $700 + shipping. Bobcat wants around $660.00

The alternator is nearly the size of my fist!! Is there any reason as to why I can't buy an alternator for a Kubota D722 off ebay? They have them listed on ebay for $150-250. It's just not listed as adaptable for the model of equipment I have.

Bobcat part number is 102730001 40 amp alt. Anyone work for bobcat and can verify if they can get it cheaper?

I wonder if Chris Mayer deals in Kubotas this small. I'll point him this way.

NM, he doesn't service the small equipment. I personally have no idea what would work on it, but I kinda want one.

For that price I would be hitting up the local auto parts store and it would be getting a 100 dollar chevy alternator. Fab up a few brackets and boom you have an 85 amp alternaotr.

I bought a Club Car xrt 1550 which is the same thing as the bobcat 2200 UTV
(Club car manufactures it)

I bought it as a salvage unit :kick: It's missing the starter,alternator & clutch assembly.

I'm starting to gather parts, but have gotten frustrated with what the local bobcat & club car dealerships want for parts. It has a small kubota D722 diesel engine. And the part i'm hunting at the moment is the alternator. Club car says list price is near a grand and that they would sell me a alternator for $700 + shipping. Bobcat wants around $660.00

The alternator is nearly the size of my fist!! Is there any reason as to why I can't buy an alternator for a Kubota D722 off ebay? They have them listed on ebay for $150-250. It's just not listed as adaptable for the model of equipment I have.

Bobcat part number is 102730001 40 amp alt. Anyone work for bobcat and can verify if they can get it cheaper?

Thats all i did when.i was.looking for a starter and alternator for my small mitsubishi diesel.

At this point im trying to find a easy fix. I guess getting an alternator that uses the same belt is a good starting point.

I'm thinking they use that same engine in APU's for semi trucks cause I know the alternator for them is $700.

Did you happen to talk to any alternator shops? Maybe get it rebuilt?

I have installed GM single wire alternators on a few of them in garden tractors. I just turned a new pulley out on the lathe to work with the belt.

Back