Bolt-on fuel sump

Greenspeed

Howdy all. Just curious what/if any thoughts are on fuels sumps?

Seems to me that it would be easier to suck something (debris, etc) into the fuel line than having a big draw straw or something?

I did a quick search but didn't see anything. If this topic has been hashed out, please direct to the appropriate place, thanks.

Dave

I gained a couple psi going to sump over stock. Also, just run a pre filter, and don't put debris in your tank. LOL

and don't put debris in your tank. LOL

Haha, very good point.

Guess I'm more curious about difference between a sump and a turbo straw or something? We run pretty small tanks, in a pretty tight place, and it would be nice to have access to everything from the top instead of having to pull the tanks to inspect things.

And should add that we are already running sumps. Curious if there would be any losses by switching to something that is just easier to work on for our application is all. Guessing not.

Convenience is more and more important the older i get. I doubt you'd see any performance loss.

green i think in your bonneville type application you gotta weigh the benefits but both are really minor.

you'll get 0.5psi head pressure for every foot of depth and the pump wont have to lift the fuel up so both makes it easier on the pump. You will also be able to utilize every last drop of fuel and thus use smaller tank if space is truely at a premium as on most salt racers.

The straw mainly would be ease of access it sounds, and possible avoidance of debris.

If you have plenty of lift pump why not make it easier to service the tank? But that's something you'll have to decide.

Back