Boneshaker testing

camomax

I'm not up to Ryan's speed yet, but were working on it! Huge thanks to Ryan Tucker, and Bruce for walking me through this great ride. Starting off with some throttle stopped 11's, we worked our way down to some low 9's. A lift pump issue kept us from shooting for 8's, but we'll be after em real soon! Headed for Terre Haute this weekend, and Bowling Green next, with Boneshaker and the truck. Cant wait to get it back to the track!!
Here's a vid from TnT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8otl1AFGVE

Cool! Didn't even realize it was staying a diesel!

I'm not up to Ryan's speed yet, but were working on it! Huge thanks to Ryan Tucker, and Bruce for walking me through this great ride. Starting off with some throttle stopped 11's, we worked our way down to some low 9's. A lift pump issue kept us from shooting for 8's, but we'll be after em real soon! Headed for Terre Haute this weekend, and Bowling Green next, with Boneshaker and the truck. Cant wait to get it back to the track!!
Here's a vid from TnT

Matt, it was nice meeting you, glade to see the car back on the track. Hope you are able to get it back into the 8's. I wish there was a couple of more weeks before Bowling Green but I don't see making it, good luck with the Boneshaker.
Bruce

Here's a vid from TnT

Ya Matt It was great to meet you, your wife and kid'os. Great bunch really into drag racing as a family, nice to see. You took direction very well and warmed up to the car very quickly, I was so glad to see the car do just as we wanted and me put another 2 tenths in it each and every pass, that had to really make it much easier to learn to drive. I believe I gave you enough fuel on that last pass to edge into the high 8's on just fuel, it just ran a 9.28 but the race pak showed it damn near spun to the 1000' mark then settled down once it was running out of gear. With the suggestions that I offered yall to look at will make her perform much better for all your 1/4 mile racing, I had her geared for 1/8th thats why she falls flat out there at the 1000'. Im a phone call away for any other help or advise Matt, good luck to you this season and keep the Altered in its own lane. When yall get that thing into a soft tail, remember to open the valve on that black bottle in the wheelie bar for a real ride, lol. Be safe, have fun..........

Ryan Tucker

It was nice meeting everyone at the track, and being able to see the boneshaker run up close last week!

Here's a vid from TnT

How's the launch feel compared to the truck?? :rockwoot:

How's the launch feel compared to the truck?? :rockwoot:

He's seen nothing yet. He had only ran a best of a 10.13 before he had sat in this car so I pulled all the fuel out and gave him small steps. That last pass was the last and best of the day but still a 1.24 60' 5.78 1/8th and 9.28 1/4; fuel only. It's been 5.40's and 8.60's on fuel so he's got a ways yet to learn the car before we go to giving him any real power. Even a 1.24 has got to feel like a train wreck compaired to 1.60's; he was foot braking the first dozon or so passes in the high 20's and low 30's with this tight convertor, but he saw the light quickly once you leave off the trans brake you never want to do nothing else, lol. He was learning super fast and will do a great job driving the car for High Tech Turbo, best of luck for this upcoming season.

Ryan Tucker

Camomax is the man, one of the nicest folks around! When he gets it dialed it's gonna run a good #

Thank you guys. Yes, this is 100% different than what I am used to, but man let me tell you.... what a blast. 60 fts that blur your eyes for a second, and a "floating" sensation on the big end, when the air starts to work its way around you in the seat.....I'm diggin it! With the great help I'm getting from Ryan, we'll get her where she needs to be. Once again, thanks to Jonas for the opportunity, and Ryan, Bruce, and Dave(htt) for all the support. See you at TS!

I would love to be in your seat learning that car. What a rush! Keep it up!

Back