Bongo drums in exhaust

okie18

So I thought I had just bent pushrods at D4D, turns out it's something else to. Replaced the push rods (10/12 were bent) and I still have bongo drums playing in the exhaust and sometimes the intake. Only out the exhaust when it's up to operating temps though. I'm leaning towards a loose valve seat/s since it only does it when its warm.
My other thoughts were a wiped cam lobe/s, bent valve or I pulled a Cato and its a bent rod :hehe: Any ideas or someone that's ran across this before?

Valve seats are loose. Have seen it in a couple times. One was an 03 and one was an 04.

Valve seats are loose. Have seen it in a couple times. One was an 03 and one was an 04.
I've been waiting for the day they would come loose. Looks like the wait is over :rolleyes:

Stop running it.
Well durr, it's been collecting dust since I swapped push rods. I'll be calling you for a head gasket kit sometime in the near future.

yeah no **** right!
if i bent that many pushrods the head would have come off ASAP!:rules:
Ah, I didn't expect the stock push rods to last at 800+ for as long as they did anyhow.

You are talking to an "okie," Jeff. LOL Well, and "ex-" okie anyway......he's turned yankee on us.

Give her hell, Jace. :D
You have no clue how much I miss texas, besides the traffic.

Are you sure your pushrods were the right size? I ordered some that were too big diameter, wouldn't seat in my tappets and caused some issues like yours.

Back