Boost guage

killed300ex

Wondering if you were to tap a hole in the intake horn on the top of the engine if it would give you an accurate boost reading? Instead of using the port on the side of the engine.

if you put it in the horn it works fine. That's were i put mine, at 1st i tapped into the line from the back of the AFc housing but it kept blowing out when i'd get 35 lbs. of boost. All I did was take the horn off drill out a hole and I think i used a 1/8 npt tapt for my adapter, ( it may vary depending on what threads your going to use) Now I'm boosting 45lbs. and not one problem.

I have mine hooked up to the side of the head, take the stock plug out and screw your fitting in, works just fine for me. And I don't think the readings betwwen the two locations is going to very much.

It would work fine, but I'm just wondering why not use the port in the head? It's easy as pie.

another good place is the back side towards the firewall of the intake horn that's where it is on my brothers truck looks really clean there.

Back