Boost Problems

NC Firefighter

Complete And Total Newb
I put an he351 on my truck about 2 weeks ago and I'm having trouble with it. It ran good when first put on. I built a spring wastegate and set it at 40 psi and it pulled like a champ, considering its still mostly stock. But a couple days ago I got on it a little and boost went to about 35 and started dropping. I let off the throttle and when I got back on it it wouldn't spool. I figured a leaking boot or something but everything was still normal. I pressurized the system and didn't find any leaks. Drove it again and it now spools like normal up to about 20 psi, but won't go any higher. I can get it to spike to about 30 if I try but it just falls right back to 20. I've checked for leakes again but found nothing wrong and I'm kinda stumped. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to be as descriptive as possible. I've searched and can't find anything that sounds like what I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it still fueling hard? Do you still have the sensor in the comp housing?

Sensor is gone and hole completely sealed, all three of the holes are filled so no leaks there. I think its still fueling like normal, but with the low boost I won't be getting full fuel anyway right? With the HX35 that was on it I had the wastegate set at 35 add full fuel around 25 to 30. I sett it to 30 on shop air but I still had to play with it some once on the truck.

Back