Boost sensing location

relay93

Who has drilled and tap the intake feed horn and who has used an adaptor in place of a manifold bolt? Is there another location to get boost pressure for gauges where there is an 1/8npt thread?

Thanks

not sure what your asking? i always drill my boost adapter into the intake...are you asking about a drive pressure gauge now?

I think what he means is is there another place to put the boost sensor. Like other than the genos manifold bolt replacement or drilling your intake horn is there anywhere else you can put your pressure sensor

I think what he means is is there another place to put the boost sensor. Like other than the genos manifold bolt replacement or drilling your intake horn is there anywhere else you can put your pressure sensor

You are correct. I did not know that Genos carried them but I went to there page and found it. Better price too.

Thanks.

Where is the best place to put the fitting in the horn? Or should I say is there a typical spot where they go?.

Anywhere you want. just pay attention to where the line is going to be routed when done so its not rubbing/ kinked etc.

Go with a bolt replacement on the intake manifold, no drilling tapping or removing the intake horn. You're readings will be just as accurate plus it's a $6 bolt and 5 min max to install.

Go with a bolt replacement on the intake manifold, no drilling tapping or removing the intake horn. You're readings will be just as accurate plus it's a $6 bolt and 5 min max to install.

Could not find one locally so I ordered from a vendor where the shipping wasn't $13. Should be here this week if the snow doesn't keep the delivery person away.

Back